The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to renest the Wood Duck Boxes, On the york new salem game lands. Does anybody know if they renest them? Or who could I call to ask if I could do it.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
if they are on Game lands ,,The Game commision should have taken care of them ,,they keep track of the results from year too year.. Talk to the land manganment officer for that area

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would you just call the Game Commision Hedquarters, and ask for the land manganment officer you think.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I just got in from cleaning the boxes my daughters and I put up 2 yrs ago for a winter project. Last year they wern't used(I think I got them in a little too late the spring before). This year all three were used.

. I saw the crews out the other day cleaning boxes onn game lands in my area. Try and find out who does them in your area and see if you could volunteer to help sometime. I am sure they would love the help.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
all of the ones i ever did we put a nesting material like woods chips in them ,,be carefull with sawdust it tends to hold too much moisture ,, also make sure the boxes have some small vent holes about 3/8 or 1/2 inch .we put a couple holes at the level of the eggs and a couple towards top of the box

1 - 8 of 8 Posts