The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to the Blue Jays, who were seeking a park to play home games in.
"To add travelers to this region for any reason, including for professional sports events, risks residents, visitors and members of both teams,” Pennsylvania secretary of health Dr. Rachel Levine told The Associated Press in a statement."
So Wolf is afraid of another 40-50 people coming to PA? He ought to visit Beltzville SP, or any other SP for that matter, and count all the NY and NJ plates in the parking lot. What a doofus!

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
More than a doofus there SoJo! Think about it, these pro sports teams' players and personnel are some of the most quarantined and tested people in the world.

They likely would have gotten an entire hotel or something like that. Have a food service. It would have brought a lot of economic benefit in these harder times, with little risk.

Certainly the people who we encounter every day are not as "controlled" in terms of coronavirus the way those players and team personnel are.

The people chartered to lead this state are abysmal.

·
Registered
9,649 Posts
Wanna bet he has no problems with 20 thousand fans showing up for PSU football games?

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
But it's OK for the Flyers + the Penguins to go and stay in the Toronto area to play the for the Stanley Cup ???? Be some ticked off hockey fans in Pa if Toronto decides - Sorry Pa teams.... too much of a risk....

I think even Flyers + Penguins fans would unite for those riots in Harrisburg....

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Hockey is ok in Canada. Baseball is not.

Reactions: ruger300

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wanna bet he has no problems with 20 thousand fans showing up for PSU football games?
Or a couple thousand from NY and NJ overcrowding a SP.

·
4,229 Posts
But it's OK for the Flyers + the Penguins to go and stay in the Toronto area to play the for the Stanley Cup ???? Be some ticked off hockey fans in Pa if Toronto decides - Sorry Pa teams.... too much of a risk....

I think even Flyers + Penguins fans would unite for those riots in Harrisburg....
This is where my head went first too. The big difference though. Once the hockey players are all there, they aren't leaving. All of the teams will live in one of the two hub bubbles and go through regular testing each day.

In the case of baseball though players would be leaving Pittsburgh to travel to other "hot spots" and then back to Pittsburgh for their "home" games.

What gets me though, the Pirates are permitted to play so why wouldn't the Blue Jays? It makes no sense at all. These athletes, coaches, staff, etc. are probably the most tested people in the world right now. Add to that the Pirates will be traveling to hot spots just as the Jays are so it makes no difference. I would completely understand if fans were allowed, they aren't a controlled group and don't know where they've been. The players are under strict rules, strict travel, strict testing. It makes ZERO sense.

The businesses in Pittsburgh wouldn't make a ton of money since fans wouldn't be there but catering, hotels, delivery, and other small influxes to the economy would be huge.

Reactions: bohunr

·
Registered
21,036 Posts
Best thing to do... Don't try and figure Wolf and Levine out. You'd have to be an incompetent, ignorant moron to be able to make sense of it all. I don't agree with some members here, but even those ain't at the level of those two goofs in Harrisburg.

·
Registered
20,463 Posts
Well, if there were two teams playing here, that would actually double the chance of someone here being exposed due to being around people who travel (the players, coaches and support personnel of a pro baseball team). OTOH it might have been nice to see a professional baseball team in Pittsburgh that was run competently, even if only for a short time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts