The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
I tried it in my Ar once and it didn't want to cycle right. I never had that problem with any other ammo. I'm also leary of any steel cased ammunition damaging the chamber. But, I know alot of guys who use it and love it.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
I've shot plenty of Wolf ammo through my AR. I only use it for plinking, etc. It will work fine in some AR's, while others will not run. Best to buy a few boxes and give it a try in your rifle. I've had my best results from using the ammo that comes in the commo'ed box as compared to the black box. They are made in separate factories.

As for the steel case damaging a rifle or chamber, that's hog wash. The steel of the case is softer that the steel of the rifle.

The only problem with steel cased ammo is that the case does not seal in the chamber as well as brass cased ammo, which leads to carbon build up in the chamber. If you shoot enough of the steel cased ammo and get enough of a build up, the next chambered round that sits in the chamber may not be able to be extracted. You may have to use a cleaning rod to get the case out if you cannot extract it using the rifle.

If that happens, just clean the chamber with a chamber brush and you'll be good to go again. Don't be afraid of steel cased ammo. It's not my first choice, but I always keep some on hand.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Have a spare extractor on hand. My Eagle arms M-4 gobbled up wolf no problem... until my extractor broke. The steel casing is not as forgiving as brass to the extractor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts