The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,774 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
WMU 3C

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought I would add some information about the units along with their past harvests.
Hopefully you will find it helpful and interesting.

Size in square miles:…………….2158.00

Amount public land:…………….3.0 %

Amount forested:……………….70.2 %

Amount agricultural:……………26.7 %

Amount developed:……………..1.3 %

License and harvest data in number/square mile:

Year…….antlerless license……antlered harvest…….antlerless harvest……total harvest
2003………..18.54………………..3.00……………………7.31………………10.31
2004………..17.15………………..3.20……………………6.26……………....9.45
2005………..14.83………………..2.69……………………5.19………………..7.88
2006………..12.51

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi Corey have you had much luck there? Not looking for you to give away any secrets but we've had property on a lake right next to it for over 20 years. I've fished there all of my life and only started hunting a few years ago.

I scouted it 2 years ago during the summer and saw tons of bear sign and I've seen lots of turkeys in the area and once saw a grouse on that dirt road.

I was actually going to go up for the last Saturday of the early duck season since it is a week longer than ours down here, I was going to check out that pond on the main section of SGL 236. Unfortunately the weather put off that trip[needed to do some outside work as well]. I wasn't sure if I was going to be bothering any deer hunters if I did hunt that pond so I figured I'd head over to stillwater Dam and give that a try if I saw lots of trucks in the parking lots. I was there in August I think to scout around and found a burnt dear carcass right in the parking lot.

Does it get much pressure? You're the first person who I've heard that hunts that SGL so I apologize if I'm asking too much.

My dad is friendly with the farmer who owns the grass field airport there on 374, I've been meaning to ask for permission to hunt there but just haven't gotten around to it.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Does anyone have a .pdf of the map for SGL 236? Any info would be appreciated. I'm going to scout this GL during the winter small game season (for deer next year) and I cant open the PA Game Commission thumbnail for the maps.

Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts