The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The end of our beloved flinty season always is a bummer.Sure it,s disapointing when other seasons close but it is really depressing when that last Saturday ends.Fortunatley we are close to 2B so we might take advantage of that but it,s not the same.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Yeah, tell this warm spell to go away, we need more ice!

·
Super Moderator
12,829 Posts
Although my season was amazing, it was short...i missed our annual camp trip...i only carried the rock lock 3 days...pushed for buddies 2 other days...

I live in 2B..but dont have any spots i care to take a doe in...and really dont think i need another deer in the freezer...

Hard to see rocklock season end because it is my favorite and it kinda ends the hunting season...long ways to go till its time again!

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
big buck said it all time to hit the local muzzleloader clubs for there monthy shots and weekend rondys at least we can still have memories

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
good ole boy said:
The end of our beloved flinty season always is a bummer.Sure it,s disapointing when other seasons close but it is really depressing when that last Saturday ends.Fortunatley we are close to 2B so we might take advantage of that but it,s not the same.
are there any sgl in 2B? looked quickly on the maps and looks close to whether there are or not.

·
Banned
900 Posts
We hunted everyday up to New years eve. My body at that point said "your season is over". Landed in ER New Years day with BP and breathing issues. On the bright side, I filled 4 tags and my son shot his first as well. Hunted with 11 different guys doing multiple drives every day. On the mend now and looking back I have to say......It was worth it!!

Hopefully next year the guys will do more "hittin" than "shootin" !!

It's time to finish the powder horn projects, clean up the flinters, organize the man cave, butcher deer and plan a pilgrimage to Dixon's while at the Sports show in Harrisburg!! Maybe even book an antelope hunt!! It truly never ends!!

·
Registered
12,415 Posts
Columbia Fish and Game's annual black powder open house is sometime the end of February. Harrisburg Hunters and Anglers. Sunday winter league ought to be on. Tomahawks meeting, I think this weekend. Lewisburg Market fair coming up, Sportsmen Show,

Long winter evenings and crappy weather weekends are just right for making new items/guns, etc. Can't see how some think this is the slow season for black powder.

·
Registered
9,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You are a pretty good drive away if you are from NW Pa.Let me know if you are really considering it and maybe I can find someplace you can go.You are more than welcome to go with me if I go either with my son or with friends and relatives.You will need a 2B tag if you decide unless you just plan on goin for buck.

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
my general license with a ml stamp should be good for either a buck or a doe, if i'am reading it right. gotta work all weekend, so it would have to be the last day most likely.

·
Registered
16,497 Posts
my general license with a ml stamp should be good for either a buck or a doe, if i'am reading it right.
Your general license is indeed good for a buck or doe in late FL season. BUT, that is ended. You cannot take a Buck with your general license in 2B, or anywhere else at this point, with any weapon. It's antlerless only now.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
If I am reading the Hunting & Trapping Digest on p.45(bottom of left hand column) correctly, in WMUs 2B, 5C, and 5D we can still take antlered and/or antlerless deer until January 26, 2013 with proper tags and unused buck tag. Am I reading something into it, or not?

·
Administrator
39,070 Posts
good ole boy said:
It sure is, but now i start thinking about spring gobbler!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts