The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I decided to quit chewing. I been chewing an average a tin in two days. Well I just hit the 24 hour mark since I last chewed. Any advice tips? I feel like complete crap. Thanks

·
Premium Member
24,077 Posts
Will power..I've been off of it for 13 years now, it took me 2 years of off and on to quit, not to discourage you or anything. I chewed for 35 years, mostly pouch tobbacco

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Use either the patch or the gum. Your body is chemically dependant, you may need to slowly reduce the nicotine levels your body is used to. The gum works great cause there are different levels and you can decrease the amount of nicotine you take in over several weeks. Good luck!!!

·
Premium Member
24,077 Posts
Oh and another thing, you have to WANT to quit.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Smokey mountain, tobacco free Herbal snuff Quit over 25 years ago with a product just like this.Use to get in the way of my mouth call also. lol
Good Luck.

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
I took chantix to quit smoking and dipping. It was like a magic pill for me. Haven't touched tobacco in almost 6 years.

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
deerslayer9688 said:
Thanks guys I just have to get over the hump. I am sure I will pack a lip once in a great while.
If you do that, you'll be back to chewing the same amount you did before you quit in no time. If you don't take the chantix, use the nicotine gum. Its like having a dip in. You bite down on it a few times then tuck it in your lip.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
deerslayer9688 said:
Well I decided to quit chewing. I been chewing an average a tin in two days. Well I just hit the 24 hour mark since I last chewed. Any advice tips? I feel like complete crap. Thanks
1 tin in 2 days? Pffff, I thought you said you chewed?
The best of luck to you.

Buckethead said:
I took chantix to quit smoking and dipping. It was like a magic pill for me. Haven't touched tobacco in almost 6 years.
A majic pill huh? Feel lucky, VERY LUCKY! No hallucinations while sleeping with it? I had many!!!!! The last one was downright dangerous. Cutt

·
Registered
522 Posts
Honestly after 48 hours the cravings start to go away. After 5 days they become less and less after 2 weeks it's like you never even did it. After a month you've successfully stopped. The hard part is after going a year or two without it and you decide well I'll just smoke one or throw in a little pinch you'll have to start the process all over again.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
we were told at work last week we will be tobbacco free plant come nov...not alowed to have it on the property..i also chew and will have to quit by then

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
CuttnRun said:
Buckethead said:
A majic pill huh? Feel lucky, VERY LUCKY! No hallucinations while sleeping with it? I had many!!!!! The last one was downright dangerous. Cutt
I loved the dreams. I've never done drugs so I guess it was as close to an acid trip as I would ever get. I used to wake up laughing and asking myself "Did that really just happen!?!" The only thing negative it ever did to me was it gave me heartburn for a week or two.

·
Registered
5,741 Posts
Buckethead said:
deerslayer9688 said:
Thanks guys I just have to get over the hump. I am sure I will pack a lip once in a great while.
If you do that, you'll be back to chewing the same amount you did before you quit in no time. If you don't take the chantix, use the nicotine gum. Its like having a dip in. You bite down on it a few times then tuck it in your lip.
He speaks the truth. Don't try it again once you have her licked.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Good luck to you.I been chewing snuff for 31 years,stopped smoking about 10 years ago cold turkey but the chewing part to me seems tougher to do,I did stop chewing for maybe about a year or so but just can't seem to quit it.I tried the tobacco free stuff but it just didn't work,maybe one of these days i'll be able to quit the snuff,who knows.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
I quit over a month ago and I still get cravings. Its hard to overcome those cravings but during work I have a bag of sunflower seeds at my desk that seem to do the trick.
I wasnt as bad as you though, a can would last me atleast a week.
I think the real test will be fishing/hunting season. I always enjoyed a good dip when outdoors.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts