The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I intend on getting out sunday and setting up 4 hay sets on old strip mine fields by my cabin for coyote.. also, getting a better read on my bobcat situation, and move my 5 sets for them

in years past how have you guys done with a storm front coming in like the one were getting this weekend.. have you noticed activity levels rise or do they hole up and wait to weather the storm

thanks

·
Super Moderator
12,829 Posts
last nite and possibly tonite should have been good....right before the storm hits

then as soon as the storm breaks...

·
Registered
9,145 Posts
I re-applied urine to all of my sets last night. With it being water based, it washes away so I'm about as ready as I can be with the constant rain / freeze / thaw we're getting.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I have caught coon in that nasty windy storm we had last year so you would be surprised. I"ve seen fox run more during snow storms than after them also. Seems to me they can run anytime and when you think nothing moved last night you have somthing.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I pulled everything today, been super slow had bout 20 sets out but with snow coming and fisher over going give it a break for Xmas. Wife has been pretty tolerant of me this season.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts