The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

I was wondering... what is the difference in size with these biscuits that come in small, med. and large? I hate the rest on my BowTech and want to get a new one soon.

I'll take any other suggestions you'd like to offer on different rests if you have any. The bottom "rest" brush on my BowTech is chewed up now and I hate to mess with it every time I turn around!

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
You will have good luck with the wb i love mine. The diffrent size are so you can match your arrow dia. large is for alum and large carbon arrows, so pick the one for your arrows and you wont have any prob. Just watch what vanes you are shooting my wb dont shoot the short vanes like the twister. good luck

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
The S,M,L is for the size of the arrow you are shooting.
Small is for small diameter Carbon arrows. Like Beman Carbon Hunters, Carbon Flash and ACC Game Tracker, etc.
Medium is for the regular sized carbon arrows and small aluminum . Beman ICS Hunters, Gold Tip, and the likes.
Large will fit the bigger aluminum arrows. 2117, 2219 etc.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I used a WB for the last 4 years. This year I switched to the red Ripcord and I love it. I shoot alot and had to replace the biscuit every year. I picked up 6fps and I won't have to spend 25 dollars a year replacing the biscuit. The Ripcord has a top bar and can be locked in the shooting position while on stand. I can hold my bow upside down and the arrow stays in place.

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
If you buy a WB rest. Make sure your vanes are up to the rest! Wrinkle vanes <u>WILL HAPPEN</u>, if you use a wimpy vanes. The best vanes are Blazers or Killer vanes from Bohning. AAE SpeedFlyte are about the next best. These were my results. Do not try to shoot any type of vane with a kicker on the back end of the vane. You will destroy the WB and the vanes. Wraps help with achieving the best adhesion. My suggestion is to use a wrap!

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
I would suggest a fallaway. If you don't want to spend the money for a QAD or Ripcord,Nap just came out with one called the Apache which is all machined aluminum and very reasonably priced.

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Asajoe1 said:
I would suggest a fallaway. If you don't want to spend the money for a QAD or Ripcord,Nap just came out with one called the Apache which is all machined aluminum and very reasonably priced.
Agreed, I shot a WB for a couple years and I couldnt get consistent arrow flight. I'de say that 1 out of evey 4 arrows would fishtail to the target after the shot, and it wasnt the same arrow everytime. I bought a QAD Ultra Rest HD a couple of weeks ago and I absolutely love it. I'm shooting better groups and my arrows fly more consistently then when I had a WB.......

·
Registered
174 Posts
QAD Ultra Rest is the way to go. A wisker shmiscuit will 1) ALWAYS slow your arrow down and 2) ALWAYS distort the flight of your arrow. With the biscuit, the bad shots are the ones that hit the bull.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Beware what you say about the w/b on here guys. You will soon be bombarded by a few that still use them. I myself use a dropaway because I find it tough to shoot a bow standing on my head. That happens to be the only attribute that a w/b has over a dropaway.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I guess I'll be the first to jump in the fire pit and get flamed. I have a WB on both of my bows and really like them. I have had no problems at all with inconsistency, vane issues, etc. I have been shooting with them for several years now and they just work for me. My groups are tight at 20, 30, & 40 yd. which is my range for hunting. Do you lose a few FPS, I'm sure, but with the speed of todays bows I think that is a non issue. JMO

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
123 5/8 PY said:
Beware what you say about the w/b on here guys. You will soon be bombarded by a few that still use them. I myself use a dropaway because I find it tough to shoot a bow standing on my head. That happens to be the only attribute that a w/b has over a dropaway.
A few? I think there are more than that

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
westpennsam said:
QAD Ultra Rest is the way to go. A wisker shmiscuit will 1) ALWAYS slow your arrow down and 2) ALWAYS distort the flight of your arrow. With the biscuit, the bad shots are the ones that hit the bull.
Distort the flight of the arrow? If your bow is set up properly, a WB wont distort the flight

·
Registered
355 Posts
WB's aren't for everybody, but I have one on my bow. They are easy to setup/tune, they are accurate, they have no moving parts that can fail, and they are dependable. Sure you lose a few fps in speed, but it's not a big deal to me. You will probably see more hunting bows with a WB on than any other rest. There is a reason for that....they work!

·
Registered
452 Posts
I have a WB on both my bows and I can tell you flat out that there is NO FLIGHT DISTORTION what so ever. When I bought my firecat I shot the store setup and it was shooting around 310fps. After the WB was added along with the rest of the hunting setup it was STILL shooting 300fps. If that's not enough to kill anything in North America I'll eat my Whisker Bisket.

After switching to Blazers on my Easton Epics I will say that the arrow flight appears to be a bit more consistant, however, that's more due to the high quality fletching than anything else.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Haha. I'm glad you guys that have the biscuit like it, i really am. It's just not for me. Heck, if you get lost in the woods you could break that sucker in half and use it as a mustache brush.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I'll shoot 290's on an indoor spot round with a WB
2 " blazers straight fletch
I shoot 60 yrds in the back yard all day

Now put a helicle or a off set on that same vane
WHole different story
Out side of 30 yrds you'll pull an 8 out of the blue

1 - 16 of 16 Posts