The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heading out on a nice sized (16 chukar)hunt at PVF with my pup and my dad a guys day out. I figured i would treat the pup to a good hunt after being cooped up since november. it will be our first time out since then so i'm hoping for a real good time with my family. cant wait to report how it goes.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
If it has been since November since you were out last, take it a little easier on your pup as it has been awhile since your pup has been stretched out. Running in the snow is harder on dogs then bare ground

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Good comment Rober. My dog is recovering from a leg injury and the vet said no running in this deep snow.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Lynn, I was in the same boat last year, I brought her home from her acl surgery on this date last year. I am so glad we didn't have this snow to deal with then. I hunted her this past fall and everything went ok, but she still gets stiff and sore. But then again she tore 3 ligaments, not just her acl. She loves the snow and I just keep her limited at what she does in it, especially the deep snow.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i've been taking him out thae last few night for big walks on ground and snow then took him to the park today and threw him some bumpers, chukar dummie, and pheasant dummie in the snow to warn him up. he did better than he did durring the season lol

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i am pleased to report we finally had our hunt and the little pup took to it like a champ, it was my shooting that was rusty lol
the interesting thing was that my pup decided to be a pointer threw most of the hunt instead of a flusher.... posting pics in another form idk how here

·
Registered
553 Posts
Just like riding a bike. LOL!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts