The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I did not Mzl hunt this season due to no local tags ,had a 2A tag ,but never made the trip.I itched to get out for a walk,so today I went to the sgl after this fresh snow to scout alittle.After walking for about 25 minutes I stopped to fiddle alittle with my new gps and see where I was in relation to some areas I hunt and glanced to my right only to see a nice 8 pt buck maybe 50yds at most from me.Deer just feeding broadside to me.would of been a perfect shot.I snuck up to a pile of logs and glanced down the hill to get a better look and saw two more deer ahead of this one.I could not positive ID the first one ,but the middle one was a buck.Wish I had brought my binos.Only deer sign I saw on my walk.Maybe I will run into one of the Bucks next season.Hope to make time to scout.The snow makes it so much nicer.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like you're figuring it out back in there. Not easy where you're stompin', props to ya.
Not easy is right .When I go on these scouting trips I learn every time where NOT to walk .Like today what I thought might be a not so bad walk turned into I can't wait to get thru this area and hope I do not break any bones.This valley is a place I should be avoiding at my age and looking for easier terrain to navigate.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts