The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Here’s the post deer season catch pic. I also got 2 reds, one coyote and a fisher along the river while tending coon and rat sets. Pic includes 18 beaver ( sold another on the carcus for taxidermy ), 16 coon, 15 rats, 3 possum, 2 mink and the canines and fisher.
No traps out now, but I have more beaver spots to hit in March after the weather breaks.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Nice to see them when they are put up like that.

·
Premium Member
23,851 Posts
Very nice BB...love that pic!! One heck of a season!!

·
Registered
2,481 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You end up with arms like Popeye after fleshing a bunch of beaver. The smaller ones are really easy, but the large ones don’t want to give up that layer of gristle without a struggle.

·
Super Moderator
24,058 Posts
Nice catch!!

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Like seeing pictures of a great season. Lots of fun and work on display in that picture. If you follow "Last Alaskans", the Sheldons had a picture of his season.

·
Super Moderator
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My first line this season was a bust ( post archery- thanksgiving). Too much rain and mud. I had a canine line that netted a coyote, 2 reds and a gray. And the usual small coon and possums. I sent that stuff out to the tannery during buck season, got it back already, last Friday. I got bored this morning and set 3 traps for beaver. Have to now set them in a stronger current in the creek or they’ll freeze up. At least I’ll have some traps to look at in the morning.😀

·
Registered
253 Posts
Great job and great picture. I would love to catch a beaver and a mink and a muskrat and the list goes on. Congrats on a awesome catch.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts