The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Well if I can get this old body back in shape plan on punching a lot of paper, have too many firearms unfired in my home.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Last years planned winter project still sits in the den. LOL! Going to take a "mistreated" old Rem 760 and remodel with some modern twists. Also have a sweet old Danzig Mauser 98 to do, but everytime I decide how to build it, I change my mind ! When the winter really never gets bad, I just keep working, and none of my projects get done !

·
Registered
805 Posts
I try too keep a good supply of cast bullets on hand, some how I shot more over the summer than I cast, and Inventory is low, So now just hopping for a few nice days to brake out the pot and molds. Then comes the fun of running them threw the Lube/sizer.

·
Registered
638 Posts
i got a 700 and a krieger 5r that needs to find a home in a mickie stock. other than that not much planned.

·
Registered
5,555 Posts
I'm going to rebarrel and rechamber a Remington model 7 Mannlicher 7mm-08 to a 6.5x47mm Lapua. I'm also going to get the metal refinished and the stock redone. After I get it back ill too it off with a Nightforce 2.5-10x32.

Mac

·
Registered
666 Posts
Would like to get around to finishing my 220 swift project. its a Remington 722 action with a heavy barrel.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Argentine Mauser that will get a Douglas barrel in 338-06. I still need to buy a bolt handle and 3 position safety/bolt shroud. I will do all the polishing of the metal and stock work myself. The threading, chambering, crowning and bluing will be done by Lester Knipe. When I do these type of projects they usually take more than one winter

Good luck, Tony

·
Registered
16,275 Posts
I got a Model 70 Super Grade .264 Win Mag to start testing loads for.

Also a Model 700 Varmint .22-250 to do the same.

I am hoping to have the .264 dressed up for next season, and have the .22-250 ready for groundhogs this summer.

Both should be fun projects. Lots of time on the reloading bench ahead for me.

I hope to even mow down a chuck or two with that .264... try and stretch it's legs a little before deer season.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Planning on catching up on my reloading, started today and hopefully I can stick with it. Sometimes I like to reload and sometimes it's a chore

·
Registered
25,659 Posts
Some of the things I never got around to doing last winter, or the wnter before that one, or...

The older I get, the more I think will get done and the more I put off 'til next year. I am ashamed of myself at times.

Did finally get my Lee progressive set up and functional last winter, ran off some 223 ammo and there she sits on the bench, collecting cobwebs.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I will be setting up my browning 300 win I got for christmas. Got to pick out a scope and try some loads to find what it likes.

·
Super Moderator
13,359 Posts
Twice a year I take out all my guns, clean and oil them.
Every February I do my test & reloading. I also run my trail cams, scout deer, cut browse, hunt for sheds. In my spare time I do the home maintenance and Honey do List to get most of it out of the way before Spring Gobbler.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
I would love to finally fit my heavy barrel 23" 223 contender barrel to the frame. I already have a base a mounts for it. I acquired another rifle several months ago that had a osprey 3-9x40 on top. The scope did not fit the rifle so I have decided to put this scope to use like on the contender. Oh I also have a very nice custom thumbhole stock and forearm in a cool gray kind of laminate. I hope to give it a coat of tung oil and seal the wood.

Of course this is all second to finishing the living room (it's about 90% done), starting and finishing the new master bedroom, starting the master bathroom, sheeting, tyvecing, re-siding the entire house, and if their is still time this winter re-drylocking the basement.

Working on the contender sounds so much better lol

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Building a 45 caliber smokeless muzzleloader
Rem short action
31" Brux barrel
Jewell trigger
Laminate thumb hole stock
Nightforce base and rings
6-24 Vortex PST

·
Registered
25,659 Posts
Also have a sweet old Danzig Mauser 98 to do, but everytime I decide how to build it, I change my mind
Sigh! I've had a Danzig small ring action gathering dust here for over 30 years. An ancient sporterized effort in 8x57, probably a WWII bring back that had been modified years ago, as it's 100% European in style, splinter Schnable forend and all.

Once took it to an old gunsmith I knew for years, who had done hundreds of M98s and Springfields. He wanted to turn my Danzig into a 257 Roberts via a slim taper 22" Douglass.

Never got around to it before he passed away years ago.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts