The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
  • Hey Guest, it looks like you haven't made your first post yet. Until you make an introduction thread, the rest of the site is locked to posting. Why not take a few minutes to say hi!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
18,113 Posts
If you are gonna feed, feed all year. Otherwise, all that is accomplished is concentrating deer in one area and stressing not only the surrounding habitat but the deer themselves. In the end, mortality through predation and other stressors is gonna be higher.

I have no issues with supplemental feeding but it is much better to feed small amounts over a long period of time. So that the feed becomes one part of a diverse diet that largely includes natural browse. Any shortcoming within the natural feed are supplemneted by the placed feed.

· Registered
18,113 Posts
pahick said:
Why hasnt the PGC put their foot down? I dont see the problem. Sorry?
I wouldn't support it as the issue of feeding deer is rather dynamic. For any kind of a ban to be put in place that does not only target hunters, a complete ban on the feeding of any wildlife would have to be in affect. That includes the feeding of birds which attracts deer to the same degree as a pile of corn does elsewhere in many places.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.