The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is everyones go to bait when the water hits mid 50's? what is your species with this bait? and if i'm not barging too badly how do you recommend working the bait?

just tryin to get this site exciting,lol

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I will start by saying I like fishing plastics best and will have a black lizard fished slowly to start. also have on deck a lipless crankbait and jerkbait. yank and pause and wait for the strike. just don't set hook to early!!

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Zoom Super Flukes, Spinners, sometimes soft plastics or Lucky Craft jerkbaits. Sometimes the large suspending jerkbaits work really well when the water is in the low 50's. Not the small ones, the ones over 4". I think the fish can see it better when you let it pause for several seconds dead still in the water. They nail it.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i'm likin these techniques!!
the white spinnerbait has not yet payed me back yet or the super fluke but i'm a jig junkie,LOL

·
Super Moderator
23,763 Posts
What are we fishing for???

My go to bait anytime is a black with yellow stripe beetle spin, or a black with silver twisty tail on a beetle spin rig.

It will catch any freshwater fish.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
a 5 inch panfish carolina rigged with a 5 oz weight or a 5 inch panfish cut into pieces I'll let the fish decide which one he wants..

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
On my home lake... it's a 1/3oz blue + silver Little Cleo as soon as the ice melts, ripped above the weeds for bass(I know it sounds wrong but it works there). Some guys use blade baits, but I prefer the Cleo. I will switch to a plastic(fluke,lizzard or senko) just to take a break. I will go over around 2pm and fish till ??? If the crappie guys are hitting them I may switch over and toss a small chartruse(?)jig around in the evening.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts