The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got some wings going on the drum smoker.

·
Super Moderator
23,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The wings are being smoked with a combo of oak and maple. Just to please the smokeing experts this is a pretty hot cook-smoke. Temp is around 300, and the weather is perfect no wind and most importantly no snow. Camera is acting up so we'll see if any pictures turn out I'll post tommorrow

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
sure..........leave us drooling.....

·
Super Moderator
23,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
alright i came up and loaded a picture for ya, didn't come out to bad. the viewfinder on our camera ain't working

·
Super Moderator
23,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya know its funny but we had snow but now its gone, must be the smokeing gods lookin out for me. Doesn't matter the drum doesn't care if its snowing or not

·
Super Moderator
23,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Drum has settled at 317 for its running temp. This is the temp in the center of the drum. Around the edge is about 260ish.may have to take a peek soon.

·
Super Moderator
23,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I peeked, they look good. Took a picture but wife has the puter, I'm on BB now. Gonna let them go awhile then probobly put on grill. I don't want them to smokey

·
Super Moderator
23,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just put on grill, they look and smell perdy good

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
You didn't eat them all did you?...........

·
Super Moderator
23,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just got done, wife and this is no lie said best ever. They were absolutely perfect and I'm picky to say that they had to be good

·
Super Moderator
23,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
here was the wings before i took them off the drum, they look right good don't they

my smokeing assistant was plum tired by the time dinner was served

as a sie a load of maple that will be seen this summer in future smokes

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Tater that picture could not have been taken today, or anytime lately, as there is no snow. Nice on trying to fool us all.

·
Super Moderator
23,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
you shoot it i'll cook it(not that you couldn't)

my wife loves my wings been a saturday tradition for years now. this was the first time we tried them this way and she loved them. said best shes ever had and i gotta agree they were outstanding. when you bring them inside and the whole house smells of bbq ya know its gonna be good

i just gotta keep her lovein the bbq so i can talk her into a Lang heres the one i want
TATERS next smoker

·
Super Moderator
23,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
oh and love the avatar

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Haha yours is a good one too. How do you normally cook them for your Saturday wingday?

·
Super Moderator
23,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ussually just do on the grill, I'll be useing the drum from now on.

·
Super Moderator
23,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I did twice as many new years eve and there wasn't a single one left.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts