The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
6,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my trout camp menu is gonna be simple this year wings and fresh cut fries. Friday night im gonna do those kielbasa bacon wrap I read on here for a snack....how about the rest of you what ya cookin up?

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Re: WINGS AND FRIES

sounds like wings and fresh cut fries now! what time is dinner? lol

·
Super Moderator
23,759 Posts

We will be up but we haven't discussed our menu yet. I gotta work Friday so it will probably be something simple on Friday. Saturday I am all about a fish fry.

·
6,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

TATERDAVID said:
We will be up but we haven't discussed our menu yet. I gotta work Friday so it will probably be something simple on Friday. Saturday I am all about a fish fry.
Saturday just plan on eating at camp black bear!!! you guys are always welcome.....I put out one heck of a spread Saturday evening of trout camp.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts

Just a suggestion, get two rings of Kielbasa and two packs of bacon, they won't last long ! We do the wings and fries in two turkey fryers, that way everybody can eat at once, no waiting.

·
6,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,554 Posts

We use two of those same fryers for cooking fresh cut fries at my buddy's rodeo arena. They are holding up good after two years of use.

·
Registered
7,160 Posts

treestand91 said:
Joe the Logger said:
Just a suggestion, get two rings of Kielbasa and two packs of bacon, they won't last long ! We do the wings and fries in two turkey fryers, that way everybody can eat at once, no waiting.
with the crew I get im thinking at least 3 rings and 3 lb bacon.......also ordering this tomorrow for the wings and things.....
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/outdoor-dual-18-qt-propane-deep-fryer.aspx?a=620041
Only thing about the "Pot". It would be nice to have a drain for the filtering and re-use of the oil. Looks like a nice set-up though.

·
Registered
4,887 Posts

Treestand, another good snack... Small jalapeño peppers cut in half over stuffed with hot sausage wrapped in thick bacon and held together with toothpick. Grill till bacon is cooked.

·
Super Moderator
23,759 Posts

Wings and bacon wrapped peppers on the smoker

These are awesome.

·
Registered
4,887 Posts

Tater that is them. How much time does it take on the smoker?

·
Super Moderator
23,759 Posts

It varies, Ussually couple hours.

I grow jalapeños just for these, I love them

·
Registered
871 Posts

Delmonico on the fire Friday night....Saturday, haha, wings n fries...maybe ribs. gettin close..........

·
Registered
3,116 Posts

You will really like the pork shots . Joe says his were really tasty . Can't go wrong with a meatloaf on the smoker ,too. Great sandwiches hot or cold . Have fun at camp!....Finn

·
Registered
1,697 Posts

I was planning ribs over the wood fire Friday; back straps on Saturday; and now I know what to do Sunday evening...wings over the fire too! Thanks for the idea and inspiration!!!

·
Registered
16,457 Posts

Be prepared for a shock. Wing prices are simply rediculous nowadays. Unreal what we now have to pay when ordering out because of the price hike.

·
Registered
231 Posts

Just talked with a buddy today about camp. We're gonna fry up some fish from previous catches and also do some wings and I'm sure well have some deer loins too. Simple and easy.

1 - 20 of 145 Posts