The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Ok been trying to make potatoe chips for months. I am now using an over night salt bath on 1/8 inch slices. The results are minimally better.
Are you pouring boiling water into sliced potatoes soaking for 3-4 minutes then dunking in ice water?

·
Registered
138 Posts
We have trout salad. Steam the trout, flake the meat off mix with sweet relish an mayonnaise serve on toasted roll with lettuce an chopped tomatoes any trout will do but brook trout are better.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Wings are back in the rotation this year at Camp Mockingbird Hill, fresh cut fries too. I get full size wings from a local bar's distributor in 10lb cases. Usually 20lb for 7-8 guys is plenty. 10lb of taters. Was up last week and there was still a foot of snow and ice in Bluejay Valley near camp and the creek.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I am counting the hours to leave the truck is packed soon as me and the wife get off work we are forest county bound. Enjoy them wings making me jealous. Have a great weekend all

·
6,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
all went well good friends great weather and way too much to eat. all kids in camp caught fish and had a great weekend.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts