The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
6,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinking these are in the rotation this year. fresh cut fries and some good ole sauced up wings brings a smile to my face. whats everyone else planning on.

·
Registered
843 Posts
I had a whole deer chipped this year. Gonna put that in a roaster with some peppers, onions and potatoes. Hope to have enought left to do the same for turkey season.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Wings and fries are staples. We tried deep frying oreos last year. I'm gonna try some jalapeno poppers this year. This post reminds me, we need more TP at camp!

·
Super Moderator
23,750 Posts
I haven't decided on a menu yet but got lots of work to do so will be around.

I know the wings and fries were awesome that year. I have been working on a Jamacian Jerked Wing lately that I had in FL but haven't got it right yet.

·
Registered
223 Posts
1.5-2 inch ribeyes one night. BBQ chicken on the open pit the next day/night. Probably some good ham steaks and eggs for breakfast. Not to mention a couple gallons of cheap bourbon. Trout Camp 2K15

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Not sure yet this year. Depends on how many. Definately a creamy soup of some type saturday for dinner, probably sausage gravy and biscuits for breakfast, now supper could be a bunch of things....friday night will definately be burgers and fresh vut fries....

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
big cat said:
I had a whole deer chipped this year. Gonna put that in a roaster with some peppers, onions and potatoes. Hope to have enought left to do the same for turkey season.
Sounds good but chipped deer ought to go onto a good South Philly style roll with cheese.
Sauteed onions and mushrooms on the side for those who want to add them.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
going to do up a large batch of hot and sweet sausage,peppers and onions and seasoned potato wedges.

Then for the novelty of it,a large box of swedish fish,soaking in vodka for several days.
Or a large bag of gummy worms done the same way.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Potter Co. Joe said:
big cat said:
Sounds good but chipped deer ought to go onto a good South Philly style roll with cheese.
Sauteed onions and mushrooms on the side for those who want to add them.
There will be rolls and cheese. I guess I could add mushrooms as long as they stay away from mine.

Also like the fish and gummy worm idea. Gonna have to add it.

·
Registered
477 Posts
You should try chips too. My whole family loves them. Slice the potatoes thin and blanch them. Toss them up with some salt and have a bunch of ranch on the side.

I also have a recipe for a smoked onion chipotle BBQ sauce that is awesome on wings if anyone wants it.

·
6,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
g3trappernc said:
You should try chips too. My whole family loves them. Slice the potatoes thin and blanch them. Toss them up with some salt and have a bunch of ranch on the side.

I also have a recipe for a smoked onion chipotle BBQ sauce that is awesome on wings if anyone wants it.
plz share the bbq recipe

1 - 20 of 33 Posts