The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heck of a bumper year for wineberries. Mrs. and I picked almost 7 gallons of them in the past week. We freeze them and process them into jelly, syrup and wine later in the winter on rainy sloppy days. Add that to the several gallons of blueberries in the freezer. And our late blueberries (Elliots) haven't even begun ripening yet. It's a "berry" good year as my daughter says.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
we picked about a gallon last week one night and about 3 gallons yesterday afternoon. There's still a lot of berries to pick too, that weren't ripe yet. It certainly is a "berry" good year.

·
Registered
19,190 Posts
All the berries seem to be going berserk this year- cool weather, lots of rain (in some places at least).

I've got a small section of wineberry volunteers that are LOADED with berries. No pics of the wineberries, but here's some pics of the Black Raspberries coming off of my "Triple Crown Thornless Black Raspberry" plants. The berries are almost as big as my thumb. My son has been eating fresh berries off the various wine and rasp-berry plants daily for a few weeks now...

BH

·
Registered
12,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's a recipe for something the ladies like.

Berry cordial: put of fifth of vodka into a 1/2 gallon jug. add a 3 cups of rasberries, wineberries/ black berries and 2 cups of sugar. Place the jug in a dark closet and shake vigorously once a week from now until Christmas, strain and rebottle.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Wow Bumblehick they are some big berries. Do they always get that big or is this an exceptional year?

·
Registered
12,369 Posts
huntsmenbob said:
Wow Bumblehick they are some big berries. Do they always get that big or is this an exceptional year?
What I want to know from looking at the pictures is......

Did Bumblehick plant those or did they come up on thier own?

Reason being, they look more like Black Berries to me then Black Raspberries!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.