The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got a letter from a company called Acciona asking to talk about a right a way for there high transmission lines.(overhead or underground)Going from a windmill farm to a distribution substation. Anyone else have dealings with them?

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
i can tell you that when the put the wind mills on armenia mnt outside of troy last year, they had a meeting with the land owners. the wind mill company told them the transmission lines would be going under ground. this is what most people wanted.
then they put all the lines above ground.
turns out in there rol leases , there was a claus that said something to the effect of, if there were certain circumstances such as the ground being unsuiteable for under ground, they had the right to put them over head.
a lot of un happy people up there who felt they were tricked and that the wind mill company planned to do over head all along, just used smoke and mirrors to get leases signed.

just wanted to point that out in case it makes a differance to you weather it's above or under ground.

·
Registered
25,159 Posts
I heard that they are not getting near enough electric to make it profitable for the company. It will be interesting to see how it goes from here.

·
Registered
27,829 Posts
timberdoodle said:
I heard that they are not getting near enough electric to make it profitable for the company. It will be interesting to see how it goes from here.
Free wind and they can't make a profit?

I think they should put some wind turbines in the Susqhehanna outside the Capitol. Should be enough "hot air" from our politicians to power the entire state.

·
Registered
25,944 Posts
They'd just use up any electricity generated, on their re-election campaigns...right there in their offices on computers and internet services we have to pay for.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well we don't want overhead of course and not even sure about underground.They also stated in thier letter they don't use imendant domain.Buzz how many windmills are on Armenia? I have seen a bunch, but have heard there over 60
Still worries me how the gas companies are going to mess up are land don't need to worry about a power line also.

·
Registered
612 Posts
We have them here in Waymart but I think the lines are underground? Do those lines cause cancer like the big powerlines? Might be something to look into.

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
weston,
i'm not sure how many are up there, although i have heard the first group was around 60 , with a second group of simaler size going from there out toward blossburg.

i personally believe that all those over head lines would be ugly. i would want hem under ground if it were on or near my land. you still have the ROW cut through, but i would rather not see all the lines. it probly takes a lot of lines to gather from all thoise wind mills, then transfer the power out to market.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts