The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys a family member of mine is looking at a couple of Winchester shotguns and may make an offer. He came to me for help pricing the guns to make a fair offer. I love guns but don't have enough experience with Winchester's as I would like. I will try looking on auction sites to but I wanted to get some feedback from you guys as far as fair value for these shotguns. Appreciate any help and feedback.

1) Winchester Diamond Grade Skeet 12 gauge 2 3/4"
(on one side this gun says New Haven Conneticut, USA.. on the other side it says Made in Japan) This gun I would say is 95-100%. Not sure if ever fired.

2) Winchester model 23 XTR Pigeon Grade Lightweight 20 gauge 3" Ducks Unlimited ( this one also says New Haven Conneticut USA on one side and Made in Japan on the other) This gun I would say is 90-95%, I'm pretty sure its been shot but not alot it would seem.

3) Last one, Winchester Model Pigeon Grade Over and Under Shotgun, Skeet Gun (3 gauge set) Regular Stock .410 bore, 28 gauge, 20 gauge, 28" barrels, skeet chokes. Not sure if this one has been fired, condition probably 95-100% on this one.

Sorry for all the pics guys, appreciate any feedback, thanks.

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
Rough guesses only. But I'm guessing:

#1. $3000-$3500-ish

#2. $2000-$2200-ish

#3. $5000-ish

·
Registered
821 Posts
I have no idea of the value but they are really very nice looking shotguns. I was drooling all over the computer looking the pictures.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
If you don't want to pay for an appraisal, which is what I would do on high value guns, get a copy of the "Shooters Bible", it will put you in the ballpark.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
John, I will definetly do that, thank you. Anyone else have any experience with Winchester Shotguns that might have any tips or feedback? Appreciate the help guys.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
You have some fine shotguns there. They were probably purchased as investments, and they will surely pay dividends. Make sure you keep all the accessories with them, store them climate controlled, and get them out periodically. Rust is evil, and gets way ahead of you if you don't check them regularly. As an appraiser, I would encourage you to get an appraisal on them. You want to be able to prove their value if you have a loss or theft issue. Enjoy them, they are some of the best.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
buckhunter said:
John, I will definetly do that, thank you. Anyone else have any experience with Winchester Shotguns that might have any tips or feedback? Appreciate the help guys.
The best resource is Ended auctions on Gunbroker. Gun values are not constant. Comparing your guns' conditions to ones that have sold is the best and surest way of staying abreast of current-day values...the exception will always be found with a motivated buyer who absolutely has to own what you have.....those characters seldom appear.....

You have good pictures of these guns....keep them in case something happens....your insurance will pay based upon current value and the pictures will assist in establishing that....

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will definetly look at Gun Broker, and Gunsamerica. But just to clarify these aren't my guns. A person we know was given them and is looking to sell some so I am helping a family member figure out what a fair price to pay is. Appreciate the feedback guys.

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
I certainly don't know the value but as a 20 ga. nut, I'm in love with that mod 23. Sorry I didn't contribute anything at all constructive to the discussion but man that's a pretty little sxs!

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's all good I like looking at guns too. If for some reason it doesn't get bought I can let you know.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts