The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I have a model 94 that was made in 1951. It's in really good shape and the caliber is 32 Winchester special. I'm wonder what a gun like this is valued at. I know the pre 64 guns are worth a little more but don't have a clue what it's worth. Any help I appreciated

·
Registered
11,276 Posts
I just bought one for my son. After a lot of looking it seems that most pre 64s in VG condition are bringing in around $700. Post 64 in VG are around $400.

Most of the 32s I priced were a little less than the 30-30s.

Do an advanced search on GunBroker and look for the ones that sold. That should give you a good idea what they are selling for in different areas of the country.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Has it had sling mounts added? Has it been drilled and tapped for a side mount scope? Either of those things kills the collectibility of a pre 64 rifle, and both reduce the value to around that of a post 64 to the $350-400 range in very good condition. In my experience the 32 cal very slightly raises the collector value as only something like 10% of 94s came in it. If you give the serial number (feel free to X out the last 2 numbers), I can confirm if it really is a 1951. Many records out there are off a year or two.

·
Registered
737 Posts
My experience with a hunting grade 94 in 32 special is the prices are alittle lower. I was told by a few people that ammo is more expensive and never goes on sale at hunting season.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
My BIL has a 1894 32 Special with a 26" octagon barrel that
was made before WWI he has hunted with a couple of times but not often. Had another hunter offer to buy from him in the woods once.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Condition is key. The market is a bit soft right now. Sadly, many young aficianados don't know what a 32 Special is. Sitting on a rack next to a 30-30 of the same vintage, the 30-30 goes first. $700 is possible for a nice carbine, but not probable today. $550 to $600 is in line for a nice one, yours probably falls in that category. The gem of the lot would be a Model 64 Deluxe in .32. If you ever have the chance to own or just handle one, it feels like magic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts