The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Winchester Model 70 Super Shadow in 25 wssm caliber that I won from an NWTF banquet years ago. It's a good gun, but I don't use it a whole lot and would like to possibly sell to fund a varmint gun. The problem I'm having is that it appears to be fairly rare and I don't know what a fair asking price would be? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
925 Posts
Stick it on gunbroker in a no reserve auction. You'll get a fair price for it for sure.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
I have a super shadow in 7mm WSM. I've seen a few used ones at gun shops lately for around $400. I think at this point in time the "rare" factor of the 25 wssm isn't going to add much value as a collectors item or anything. If anything it may be worth less because the ammo is getting to hard to come by.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I almost bought one of these when they first came out, but never did. They werent on the market very long before they were discontinued. GUNBROKER might bring you more money than you think, patience is the key.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I have a few people I know that have been interested in the gun. I just want to be able to ask a fair price. I have the dies and a bunch of brass, so to the right person the scarce ammo shouldn't be an issue.

·
Registered
11,075 Posts
Don't let the brass go without the gun. The brass makes the gun saleable.

I have had 2 or 3 people call me in the past year or two looking for Win. short mag brass. It is hard to find in any caliber and the gun is useless without it.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Unfortunately the brass hassle makes it almost unsellable, Factory ammo is as scarce as filled hens teeth, reloading brass is always out of stock or marked seasonal... I've seen lots of these unusual cartridge rifle practically have to be given away to get rid of them unfortunately... Rather than do that you'might want to just put it in the gun cabinet and hope for better days..

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Yeah I know the 7mm WSM brass is really scarce and it can't easily be made from 300WSM or 270WSM brass. There is several forums online where people have been looking for it for over a year. Luckily I have an unopened bag of 50 that I picked up at Gander Mountain on the clearance shelf a few years back. I did see that it was available a month or two ago, but it went really quick and is now unavailable again. Seems like Winchester only makes a batch of it maybe once a year.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts