The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never shot or even held one of these I am being offered one in trade and wondering if anyone out there knows anything about the gun. The gun is in >90% condition with a perfect bore and minor dings in the wood. No Rust either. What is its current value.
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
7,822 Posts
I own one in much less pristine shape (was my grandfather's and was used hard, lol).

It shoots really well. Stiff trigger, but nice rifle. I posted about it here once a few years ago, and several people immediately wanted to purchase it from me, lol.

Current value...I'm not sure. I don't see them too often. I know there's one on 24HCF now that isn't selling at $400, but that forum isn't always the best judge on value, as I see stuff sell all over the price spectrum there, and I see screaming deals go unclaimed.

I'd say at least $200, maybe twice that, depending on condition and how badly one wanted it?

·
Registered
818 Posts
I believe they made different models of the 69A. I saw some values on the model with the receiver peep site and they were listed at 4-500.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Searched Gun Broker completed auctions
A lot that didn't sell, but these ones did.

Winchester Model 69A 69 A Target Bolt 22 S L LR
1 1 $249.00 Auction has Ended

Winchester Model 69A 22 S,L,LR 25" Brl Wood Stock
1 4 $245.00 Auction has Ended

Winchester Model 69A-22 Long Rifle 22LR-Sweet
1 7 $287.76 Auction has Ended

Winchester Model 69A 22S.L.LR 25.5" Barrel
1 15 $260.00 Auction has Ended

Winchester Model 69A 22 Short Inv 154857
1 20 $290.00 Auction has Ended

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the help I have to wait to hear back on 1 more pending offer, but I think I have made up my mind with going with the 69A.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I have a 69A with grooved reciever and Lyman peep my dad gave me around 1967. It was used then but not a mark on it then or now. Deadly accurate rifle. I've been told its worth about $400 now, not that it will ever leave my family.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How would I know if the model is grooved or not. I do know its a 24 inch barrel and its a 69a for sure.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I have a Win. 69 (not A) Scope mounts have Winchester on them but scope has no name. Rear sight has two "peeps". One is the lock screw for elevation bar. How rare is this rifle?

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Sounds like you have a 697 which is also referred to as a dual sight owing to the presence of a peep rear and front sight along with the scope. Scopes were not marked Winchester nor was the 7 included in the 69 model number on the barrel.

The scope bases were V blocks and the proof mark on the receiver and barrel should be offset owing to the presence of the rear scope base on the front of the receiver. It would be great if you could post pics of your rifle which is a rare version of the Model 69. Factory scopes on the 697 were either 2 3/4X or 5X.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Bob, My mistake on rear sight...It has a screw elevator disc and a long lever for windage adjustment. Everything else is as you said...Scope has target type adjustments. Butt plate has Winchester Arms Co and repeating across the middle.. Scope is low power but no indication of which.

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
I have both a 69A and 69. Both are great shooting rifles.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
I figured you mis-described the peep sight which is why I did not address what you said....your 697 is a scarce gun and it would be nice to see its condition....

·
Registered
727 Posts
The 69's are nice rifles. As with all pre 64 Winchesters they are desirable if in Premium original condition. There are many variations as to sights, bolt configurations, even a youth model, etc.. Real nice $400-450. As a shooter $150-250 is what I've seen. Keep in mind that the market is soft due to the economy.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I made the trade today for the 69A and I really like the rifle. The trigger pull on it is really nice and the original drop mag is always a bonus. Cant wait to shot it on paper to see how it groups but had some fun plinking today with the open iron sights. Probably one of my better trades a handgun a barely used for a quality classic piece of american guns.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts