The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

WIN a brand new LOG CABIN in Potter County!

23K views 51 replies 18 participants last post by  repsagA29 
#1 ·
HPA Members, this is a once in a lifetime raffle for a turn-key log cabin in beautiful Potter County, PA.

1,100 Square foot log cabin on 1/2 acre on 11 Mile Road in Oswayo Township, Potter County, PA.
1 1/2 story, 2 Bedrooms w/ loft, water, gas, electric hook-ups and septic.
(follow the cabin progress at ovtrack.wikidot.com or on Facebook)
Winner also receives a 1 year hunting lease valued at $600 on a 3500 acre Potter County lease.

Drawing date: July 4, 2011 based on the PA Lottery- Big 4 Evening Number.
(In the event the winning number is not sold, the winning ticket will be based on the following evenings PA Lottery Big 4 draw.)

$50 donation per ticket - 2 numbers on each ticket
S.G.O.C. #48 - Must be 18 years of age to purchase a ticket.
Winning ticket holder is responsible for all taxes and fees in the transfer of property.

All funds benefit T.R.A.C.K.'s current project to resurface the Oswayo Valley School District track.

T.R.A.C.K. - Together Rebuilding-Alumni, Community and Kids is a non-profit organization put together for the sole purpose of building a new track facility at Oswayo Valley High School.

PM me if you're interested.

Thanks
Eggman

See less See more
#9 ·
Got some pics of the constructions. This is the real deal...

Seven courses of block

Log delivery

Removing the inner bark

Cutting the notches for the corners

This is all done via volunteer labor and with lots of donations from local businesses and contractors. It's really great to be part of a project like this where you can give back to your community.

I'll try to get some more pics of the floor plan, etc.

PM me if you'd like a chance on this cabin. Thanks!

#10 ·
I'll get some more pics posted on the progress of the cabin. We've got about four courses of logs up with the door frames and a couple window frames in. We hope to have the shell completed, roof on and heating system in by the end of September.

#13 ·
Here are some pictures of the progress of the cabin build. We hope to have the metal roof on by the end of next weekend.

The shell is up.

You can see the dormer wall on the back of the cabin.

Mike cuts the notch for the center beam in the big support log.

Pulling that big log into the second floor was a workout. It took 6 of us to get it up there.

If you'd like a ticket, shoot me a PM and I'll hook you up. Still only $50. Thanks!

#16 ·
The cabin has been stained and the roof is on. I don't have any pics yet of the roof being in place, but here are some of the stain. This color will go great with the green metal roof. I'll get some pics of the roof over the weekend and get them posted as well.

Lots of tickets left. You'll have a 1 in 5000 chance to win this thing. Shoot me a PM if you'd like a shot at it. Thanks!

#25 ·
Our place is about 3 miles from here, actually killed my first turkey about 30 yrs ago up on the hill in the fields behind this place. It is a beautiful area. A good friend lives right across the street. I love Potter Co. Good luck to whomever wins!!!

#26 ·
It is a great spot. Every night this summer when we were working on it there were a dozen deer in the field behind it. Also saw lots of turkeys on the way to and from the build site.

One of the coolest things we did was got permission from the guy who owns the property behind it to cut a big red pine for the main support beam for the cabin. A bunch of us drove around the back side, picked the tree and cut it down. You can see it in some of the inside pics.

Also, if anybody who sent me a check for a ticket hasn't received the ticket stub back yet, please let me know.

Thanks for the support on this project guys. HPA has been a great place to get the word out to lots of PA outdoors folks. If you know of anybody who might be interested in a ticket, feel free to give them my email address - aric.rees@gmail.com or tell them to visit our booth at the Eastern Outdoor show in Harrisburg in February.

Thanks again!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.