The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
Checks or money orders can be made out to T.R.A.C.K. and sent to the following address:

T.R.A.C.K.
Attn: Aric Rees
PO Box 34
Shinglehouse, PA 16748

Please include your return address so I can send the ticket back to you.

Thanks!

Our place is about 3 miles from here, actually killed my first turkey about 30 yrs ago up on the hill in the fields behind this place. It is a beautiful area. A good friend lives right across the street. I love Potter Co. Good luck to whomever wins!!!

Discussion starter · #26 ·
It is a great spot. Every night this summer when we were working on it there were a dozen deer in the field behind it. Also saw lots of turkeys on the way to and from the build site.

One of the coolest things we did was got permission from the guy who owns the property behind it to cut a big red pine for the main support beam for the cabin. A bunch of us drove around the back side, picked the tree and cut it down. You can see it in some of the inside pics.

Also, if anybody who sent me a check for a ticket hasn't received the ticket stub back yet, please let me know.

Thanks for the support on this project guys. HPA has been a great place to get the word out to lots of PA outdoors folks. If you know of anybody who might be interested in a ticket, feel free to give them my email address - aric.rees@gmail.com or tell them to visit our booth at the Eastern Outdoor show in Harrisburg in February.

Thanks again!

Discussion starter · #27 ·
Hey all, just a friendly reminder that the TRACK organization will have a booth set up at the Eastern Sports and Outdoor show in Harrisburg next week. If you'd like a ticket for the cabin raffle or you just want to say hello, stop by. We'll be giving away free popcorn too.

Booth #1807 in the Travel & Tourism hall.

I was down on friday to the Harrisburgh outdoor show and talked to a couple of real nice guys taking care of the booth that were from the shingle house area and they talked me right into a ticket!
For a great benefit anyway.
Hey you never know, Someone has to win!

Thought that maybe I could meet the eggman.
Just may have to ride over from camp in fishing or turkey season and check it out.
Good luck with the ticket sales.

Discussion starter · #30 ·
Construction on the cabin has started up again even though Old Man Winter won't release us from his grasp! We woke up to 4 inches of new snow this morning. It's supposed to get nice this weekend though. 60's I hear.

The interior walls are studded and wired. We're now waiting for the electrical inspector to come take a look at our work, which should be no big deal.

The heating system should be in within 2 or 3 weeks. It's too muddy to auger the holes for the sonnet tubes for the porches right now, but within the next couple weeks we plan on starting that as well.

I'll get some more pictures over the weekend and get them posted so you all can see the progress.

Thanks to everybody on here who has purchased tickets. We still have lots left, so if you know of anybody who might be interested please give them my contact info.

Woodsrat - I was at the show for a couple days and sold a few tickets. Maybe we met up and didn't realize it..thanks for getting one and good luck!

Not me anywhere in that pic, But I talked to the other guy in the green from Shinglehouse on Friday and I had asked about him about Eggman and he told me that you were not there that day.
Good luck with the ticket sales.
Maybe we will catch up some other time in Potter!

i was pretty interested till i noticed the house right next door, the view out the back looks nice. where is the hunting in relation to the cabin. is this walk out the door and you have access to thousands of acres or is it ya gotta drive to get to hunting land

dont get me wrong looks like a sweet place but i dont wanna think its something its not

Tater, alot of private land in the area, some posted and some not. Also some leases you could possibly join. There is Pa. Fish Comm. land on the other side of the mountain that is about 3-4000 acres and is open to Public hunting. Hunting in the area is excellent with alot of BIG Deer and Bear and alot of turkeys and grouse and etc. I know the guy who lives right across the road and hunt with him often. If you buy a ticket and win I can provide you with some great hunting, of course as long as you bring your smoker along!!!

My place is on the other side of the mountain, 3.5 miles up from the hatchery

Discussion starter · #36 ·
Sorry for the delay in answering questions on here guys.

Yes, the drawing will take place regardless of how many tickets we sell.

Rober is correct. Most of the property on the 11 mile road is private. Some posted, some not. I had a map at the sportsman show that showed over 900,000 acres of public hunting land within a 2 hour drive of the cabin. The furthest away being the Allegany National Forest (about 2 hours west). There are two SGLs about 15 minutes from the cabin and then all the PA State Forest land that is open to public hunting about 30 minutes away.

The hunting lease that goes with it is about 15 minutes away. It's called the Ridgerunner Hunt Club. A one year membership goes to the cabin winner.

So no, this isn't a place where you can walk out your back door and hunt (unless of course you got permission from those that own the property around it.)

That area is my absolute favorite area in PA to hunt spring gobbler. A few years ago I hunted the first few days of spring gobbler there. One crystal clear morning we must have heard 20 different birds sounding off all over the place. Unbelievable!

Eggman, I sent you a pm requesting information on where to send the check for a ticket or two.

Discussion starter · #38 ·
We will have a booth set up at the Maple Festival in Coudersport today and tomorrow (5/6 & 5/7). We'll be right in front of the court house, so stop by and check out the progress on the cabin build and get your ticket!

All the ground work was completed last night. Septic system and all water lines are in! I promise I'll get more pics on here soon.

Thanks Pigger. I PM'd you back.

Discussion starter · #39 ·
Updated pictures as of Memorial Day weekend.

The drywallers will be there on Saturday along with the heating guy. I'll get some more inside pics and get them posted after they are done.

We still have lots of tickets left, so shoot me an email if you'd like one. aric.rees@gmail.com.

Thanks!

Discussion starter · #40 ·
Check us out on WGRZ Channel 2 out of Buffalo, NY either tonight or tomorrow. They are coming down to do a feel good story about the cabin and the TRACK organization this afternoon.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.