The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Lots of websites have them, few are correct.
Post the first five numbers here, several members can tell you.

·
Registered
5,790 Posts
Let us know what year it is. I like these old winchesters and bought one last year i felt was inique. It was made during WW11 and i found that to be neat to me.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have a 1895 win.classic..It is a 30 40. The ser.no on it is 818.I think they only made the classic one yr. 1896. I would like to find more out about it also.
Dog duster

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
The Model 1895 was made continuously until 1931, then sporadically until 1940. If yours is an old antique gun with # 818, it was indeed made in 1896. The model 1895 was made for 45 years. There are modern reproductions of the model for sale today.

·
Registered
57 Posts
My 1895 has a curved lever on it.It is not a strait pistol grip.It is a old one I looked it up on the win. net. They have a picture of it on there.It said on there it was only made one yr. The classic That is.I should check more into it.I am going to sell it before to long.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Your gun has the pistol grip option, and probably the shotgun butt. It sounds like a rare one indeed. At that time you could order a new Winchester pretty much any way you wanted it. If you are planning to sell, get in touch with the Cody museum, they will help you out to authenticate it. Don't trust any serial # website or garage shop gun trader, you may have a very valueable piece. Best of luck with your sale.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts