The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't want to clutter up the other thread with Willies health issues so...

The Vet is not sure what the problem is with Willie. He does not have any blood in his urine today, but he is running a fever and has an enlarged Prostate. He has been put on antibiotics for 2 weeks.

He also had levels of bilirubin in his urine which could mean liver or gallbladder problems.

He will be going back for a check up in 2-3 weeks. If the bilirubin levels have not gone down then blood work and other tests may necessary.

All of this is a little worrisome. Willie is only 1.5 years old. So we're praying that the antibiotics will take care of the issues.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Sorry about that and good luck for you and Willie.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.

I meant for this to be in teh dog forum.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
I wish you and particularly Willie the best. I hope that it is something that is not a serious issue. They hunt with us, but they are a big part of our family.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Robert, I hope all goes well and the antibiotics do their job. Willie will be back cruising thru the woods in no time. Please keep us posted on him.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I really appreciate all of the mojo. Gonna give Willie a belly rub for everyone of you.

Willie seems fine today, just not himself. If you didn't know the dog you'd think Willie is normal if you'd see him.

All in all he is better than he was on Saturday. I am optimistic that he is going to be fine, but have a feeling that there is an underlying issue somewhere. So we'll get it fixed and do what we have to do.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
I hope he beats whatever is sticking in him.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Willie went grouse hunting this weekend even though the Vet said NO. He was much better than last weekend and we had things in place to confine him if he showed any sign of stress.

He was still not himself and got tired fast. He would not drink any water during the hunt either and his urine was deep gold color by the end. I checked his pee everytime he went to make sure there was no blood.

He seems to be better, but there seems to be an issue underneath it all. Will continue with the medicine and follow up vet visit and post on the results.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts