The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
6,401 Posts
My dad boasted for years of not ever getting the flu shots.
He got the flu 2 yrs ago.When my wife and I took him to the hospital the Dr. asked if we received the flu shot .We said yes.He asked dad and he replied no.Dr told my wife and I that we would get the flu and think we had a cold.He told dad you sir are going to get hammered !
3 days later he died!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Nope. Even with the health conditions that make me more susceptible to Covid I’ll pass. Unless they tie me down and force me by shoving a needle in my arm I don’t want or need it. I’ve never gotten the flu shot and never will. God/the universe/Bob (whatever you want to call the force that runs behind the scenes of life) will take care of me and who am I to let another man meddle in that with something they’ve created?

Like many of you, I don’t trust the rush job and all the misinformation that was pumped out about this crap. Nor do I trust something untested with unknown side effects. Given that this virus is the same type that causes the common cold, we’ve been (unsuccessfully) trying to find a vaccine for said common cold for years and the efficacy of the flu vaccine that’s only been used for the last 30+ years...nope.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Got the flu shot twice back in the day. Got sick right after both times. I haven't had a flu shot in 20 years. I occasionally got sick over the years, but I recovered in a day or less for the most part.

An untested drug rushed through by evil corrupt pharmaceutical agencies? NO FRIGGEN WAY! Ya'll are out of your collective minds.

I'm a non-vaxer at this point in my life.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Never had a single flu shot in my life. Not allowed to have a flu shot. So, no, I won't get it.

·
Registered
39,634 Posts
I’m getting a Covid 19 vaccine as soon as they become available to the general public.

I’ve had flu, shingles, polio, pneumonia vaccines and never had a problem with any of them. I’m kind of glad to hear so many are not going to get one, that should make for shorter lines and more availability for those that want to be vaccinated. I just wanna say thank you in advance.

·
Registered
18,621 Posts
Yep. Family and I would be first in line if we could.

For those that are saying no, I sure that the complaining about the economy being shut down stops if you choose to become part of the problem and not the solution.

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Yep. Family and I would be first in line if we could.

For those that are saying no, I sure that the complaining about the economy being shut down stops if you choose to become part of the problem and not the solution.
I don’t need a vaccine to be part of the solution. I go out and spend my money at all the open businesses like I did pre Covid. Pretty sure my wife spends a lot more money now and the large companies that were allowed to remain open are getting fatter wallets because of this pandemic all while mom and pops have shut their doors for good.

·
Registered
18,621 Posts
Just what side is the problem side??? The side that claims we need a vaccine to start the economy again...or the side that says it isn't, and was never needed in the first place???:oops:
Whether one feels that the economy should have been shut down or not, the reality is our economy will never open back up fully until this virus gets under control. We have two political parties with differing views on what is best. That is just the cold hard facts of the matter.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
The fast-tracked Modera trial had a "goal" of achieving 60% effectiveness. So the best we got looks to be a 50-50 proposition. The risk there, beyond the obvious, is people get the vaccine and get over confident. Think they are immune and stop all other precautions.

With any vaccine for this, the takers will be the lab rats for the long term effects. The medical people can predict, maybe with high confidence, but by the calendar its not possible to assess any long term effects it may have. It likely will be fine. Or in a year we find out people who took it are having issues. The risk is up to the individual.

As for masks, that is a circus. You can find a lot of information that pre-dates covid and the only thing for sure is no one seems to know. Controlled studies done after H1N1 produced different results. They work great, they don't work at all, they work so-so. So it seems even the "experts" that spout off on TV can't even agree. By the way, with so many "experts" out there, how did we ever get this in the first place?

The thing with masks, people then have a tendency to touch their facial area more. So that is a dual edge sword.

And no one discusses the reasons behind the "surge". The U.S. reported over one million test results yesterday. The seven day rolling average of number of test results is on a slow climb up. The seven day rolling average of new cases was at first following the same path (so a consistent positive rate) but in the last week it has leveld and even slightly down.

Had NY been able to run 100,000 or 120,000 tests a day back in early April like California now does, their count would be four million or more.

But today, NY, NJ, Michigan, Mass, PA report case counts less than 1000. Sometime NJ just a couple hundred. No one is talking about why. Because bars closed? No way.

Maybe its just far more widespread than anyone has predicted. Maybe large regions have some level of the herd immunity that is knocking the number down.

None of the "experts" can go there. They have reputations and egos to protect. They would have egg on their faces if the veterinarians who said its either herd immunity or just peeing in the wind were right.

Two weeks to flatten the curve! Wear a mask! Shut down churches! Shut down schools! Shut down bars! (Time out - its okay to protest and riot) Rush the vaccines! Wear goggles! Tracking apps! Contact tracing!

And in the end, Nature's Way might be the only answer.

Healthy people should strongly consider a vaccine. Maybe it doesn't help everyone but they might learn something to keep improving it. But dont count on it for one second as the answer.

·
Registered
39,634 Posts
Over 150,000 dead by August 1st (in the U.S.) and that’s with shutting down the economy, schools, churches etc. How many would be dead if the economy wasn’t shut down? 300,000? 600,000? We will never know but one thing is for sure, if you’re one of the dead, you’re 100 percent dead and you’re not coming back.

I said I’m getting a vaccine but I want an effective vaccine. Not a Mickey Mouse vaccine that’s gonna last only a few months.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Whether one feels that the economy should have been shut down or not, the reality is our economy will never open back up fully until this virus gets under control.
What is considered "control" depends on who is in charge in November.

We have two political parties with differing views on what is best. That is just the cold hard facts of the matter.
Just a rhetorical question...would you capitulate with the "different view" on gun control? I know what your answer would be...just saying...I see this issue in the same way.

BTW...you deleted the rest of your post before I could respond to it...so I'll just say...the only REAL proven preventive measures that "flattened the curve" was the "sheltering in place" because the less you come in contact with people and objects that may have the virus...the less likely you are to contract it...and of course washing your hands often is a no brainer...their is no real proof that masks and social distancing helps. :geek:

21 - 40 of 74 Posts