The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, will you be getting the vaccine when it becomes available?
Being older I'm thinking about it.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
I don't think I will. At my age (soon to be 80), the places I've been, and the things I've done I'm probably immune to almost anything out there.

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
No...not interested in getting something that hasnt been thoroughly tested. Most vaccines are designed to last in your body anywhere from 4 years to life. Ill take my chances on not catching the virus over choosing to put something into my body that has unknown long term outcomes

·
Registered
17,117 Posts
H...E...DOUBLE TOOTHPICKS NO !! somethings up !! they seem to be in an awful hurry to get this done but have ignored other diseases and finding fixes for them this fast. i dont trust it or any of them.
has any politician that claimed to have gotten the virus been hospitalized ? if not, why not ?

·
Premium Member
23,851 Posts
NO WAY!!! The vaccine development is a big rush job skipping normal safety measures that are usually followed. I hope all Americans reject getting the vaccine until it is BOTH scientifically tested and proven. I’m not a Warp Speed fan when health matters are involved. Glad to see so many here will also NOT get the vaccine.

·
Administrator
28,226 Posts
I'm 73 years old and high risk due to underlying medical conditions, but I'm making the conscious decision not to get the vaccine based on the fact that I know nothing about the vaccine and neither does anybody else.
(As I'm sitting here writing my answer the word Thalidomide crossed my mind. It's a good example of how a drug can go wrong in ways that nobody could predict. If you're not old enough to have heard of it Google it.)

·
Registered
17,117 Posts
the entire population of America is the FDA test market. they have been bought and paid for. thats why there are all these commercials telling us to ask your doctor about this or that drug. then a year later, the attornies have their commercials suing for the use of those drugs and the damage they caused.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Like Bohnr & DIYASUB I don't plan on taking the chance. I had a serious reaction to the "harmless" flu vaccine last year, and even the Infectious Disease Dr that treated me for the supervirus had to admit it shouldn't have caused a relapse. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Flu vaccine is "harmless" and "can't make you sick". This thing they're ready to try very soon does something with DNA, and I'll pass on experiencing a side effect like howling at the moon, or an uncontrollable urge to hoist my leg on a fire hydrant.

·
Registered
807 Posts
No Sir, where I worked at the flu shot were free every year, company paid for it. Days later I ended up using sick time. first 3 years had enough of that. 7 years later no flu shot's Haven't been ill knock on wood. This new shot for the virus if and when its available? I'll pass on it.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Well, lets see. They have been lying about this thing since Feb. Their dishonesty, deceitful numbers tapering and political propaganda spinning is so over the top nobody knows the truth about it at all at this point. Including the treatments that work or don't. The medical profession is in this up to their necks. And now here they come along and want us to get this rush job quickie vaccine.
I don't believe I will.
And they can stick their masks up..................................

1 - 20 of 74 Posts