The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an apple tree ordered to where I was planting and had a friend check to confirm the the delivery. Well he pulled out the trees and never put them back in the packaging. So the roots had 4 days to dry out. Under the bark the trees were still green. I soaked the tree roots for a couple hours before I planted them. Do you think they will make?

·
Registered
28,480 Posts
Still stick them in the ground (if you have room), just don't expect it to recover or give them a prime spot that one of the replacement will go. Least that is what I would do.

I got 10 coming on 4/24..I don't plan anything else that weekend til they are in the ground, hard to tell how long they have been out of the ground before/during shipping so I try to jump on it as quick as possible.

·
Registered
27,829 Posts
Dig your holes now and get the fencing cut, that way it'll go smoother come the 24th. $100 hole for a $20 tree is the saying, or something like that.

·
Registered
5,162 Posts
Dutch said:
Dig your holes now and get the fencing cut, that way it'll go smoother come the 24th. $100 hole for a $20 tree is the saying, or something like that.
You got that right. But it's the only way to be sure they are not "pruned".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts