The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 870 Posts

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
After this season, the Steelers will no longer wear their black and gold stripped jerseys that are infamously known as their “bumblebee” jerseys.

Thank you NFL gods.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Funny thing about them jerseys, they always played well when wearing them...wonder if there's a record of how many games they won/lost while wearing them, I'll bet it's not even close.

·
Registered
16,450 Posts
... and, I think there may be a couple of pot heads that sabotaged what otherwise should have been at least a Super Bowl contending season. We shall see how that plays out.

·
Banned
16,019 Posts
Fleroo said:
... and, I think there may be a couple of pot heads that sabotaged what otherwise should have been at least a Super Bowl contending season. We shall see how that plays out.
COULD have been a record breaking offensive year for this team but selfishness reigns supreme once again...

·
Registered
9,108 Posts
TraskOutdoors said:
Fleroo said:
COULD have been a record breaking offensive year for this team but selfishness reigns supreme once again...
Starting to hear chatter from the organization that they expect Bell to win the appeal. I am going to reserve judgment until all is said and done and the decision is final.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
steelhead125 said:
TraskOutdoors said:
Fleroo said:
Starting to hear chatter from the organization that they expect Bell to win the appeal. I am going to reserve judgment until all is said and done and the decision is final.
That would be the right thing--it is just as possible that Bell is telling the truth, and that he legit didn't know.

·
Banned
16,019 Posts
But I'm pretty sure that the NFL has made it abundantly clear to the players that THEY are responsible for letting the league know immediately if they change their phone number...

·
Registered
9,108 Posts
Trask most likely he is guilty but at the same time we don't know the whole story.

If Bell does get suspended for four games the Steelers should still win at least two or three out of the first four.

Also....I am not going to be blaming every game they lose this season on the weed scandal. Two guys are not responsible for an entire team and coaching staff. The only way I would go there is if it was Ben out for the season because the QB is the most important player on the team.

·
Banned
16,019 Posts
True that two guys don't make an entire team but we are talking about two very dynamic and very important members of that team. Bell's exceptional pass catching ability and Bryant's ability to stretch the field and roll coverage away from Brown play important roles in making the offense dangerous. Williams is a decent backup but doesn't have the explosive push, cutting ability and pass catching ability of Bell. Coates is unproven yet but this may be a breakout campaign. If he catches fire, Bryant will most likely be shown the door at the end of the season.

It's just the selfishness of these players that angers me to no end. You are part of a team, you are family. You are expected to be there for your team mates and instead you decide that your own selfish desires are more important...

·
Registered
16,450 Posts
Trask most likely he is guilty but at the same time we don't know the whole story.
Perhaps he flew to South America a few months back. He decided to take a canoe adventure through an Amazonian rain forest, and took a wrong turn. He was then lost for 3 months, and was found by missionaries, living with an Amazonian rain forest tribe called The Whacky-Backy Tribe.

Hey, it's plausible.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Fleroo said:
Perhaps he flew to South America a few months back. He decided to take a canoe adventure through an Amazonian rain forest, and took a wrong turn. He was then lost for 3 months, and was found by missionaries, living with an Amazonian rain forest tribe called The Whacky-Backy Tribe.

Hey, it's plausible.
Yeahhhhh.... We'll go with that one. LOL.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Well if their going to win another one, they better better get their act together and in a hurry, Ben's gittin' long in the tooth, his injuries take longer to heal, he can't take the pounding he used too, time is fading fast..he's in the sunset of his career and there's no quarterback in their system to even remotely replace him...so if it's going to happen they'd better hurry, it will be a long time before the next one after him..

·
Banned
16,019 Posts
And now Ladarius Green can't practice because of reoccurring headaches potentially linked to a concussion that he likely lied about...

When asked by the Steelers about the concussion, he claimed that it wasn't a concussion and that he just had "sinus issues". Well, here we are, a month from the season opener and he can't even take the field because of the headaches. There's even speculation that he may retire...

Another home run for the front office!!!

What an offseason! What a way to start off the year!

One of the most dynamic receivers in the game gone for the season because he can't stay clean.

Arguably the most dynamic back in the game gone for 4 games because he couldn't manage his schedule properly.

And now the guy who was brought in to add a new element to the offense can't even make it to the practice field and might retire.

Shaping up to be yet another one of those "what could have been" seasons...

·
Registered
9,108 Posts
No he's not. He forgot about Senquez Golson probably missing the entire season again and how the inept scouting department didn't pick up on how injury prone he is before they drafted him.

1 - 20 of 870 Posts