The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 2253 Posts

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Another year of face stomping our way through the AFC North is upon us!!! The wait for success has been far, far too long!!

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
How can you not love a team where even the wide receivers will kick the other team in the face?

·
Registered
20,461 Posts
As I see it, there are two kinds of teams in the NFL. One kind has six super bowl titles and kicks opposing punters in the face. The other has fewer titles and tries to run around the punter.

Who will YOU root for?

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wherever Hines was when he first saw that, he had to be smiling ear to ear that his protégé has carried on his tradition of toughness (somewhat).

·
Registered
16,456 Posts
Will the Steelers Git R Done in 2015??
Could be a good season, despite the tough schedule, IF... their recent #1 picks at Linebacker play like #1 picks. That should make their D at least ok ?

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, you have 4 #1 picks playing LB in a 3-4 defense. If they play like average #1 picks, that should work. Jones hasn't even found mediocre yet.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
12-4

Offense could carry this team far,
need the Defense to just be respectable.
If the D could be in the top 15 ...

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
eddie spaghetti said:
Brandon Boykin might be an interesting addition to the DB's.
Could only help ,
lord knows they could use all the help they can get.
I like the deal for a 5th rd pick

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That secondary is a half step from putting Uncle Rico out there. Maybe the Cover 2 will help. Seemed to work out in the 70s.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
he may very well cost you the 4th rd pick when he gets 60% of snaps.
he has some talent as a nickel back but will struggle against big receivers on the outside

·
Banned
16,019 Posts
The secondary has seemingly been a SECONDARY thought for the management for years now. And just when you thought it couldn't get any worse, it does...

And while all those first round LB picks have great potential, their success hinges on the effectiveness of the D line, another glaring hole for this team. If the big uglies up front can't get push, draw bodies, and open up holes, then the LBs can't do their job.

They better hope that the offense lights it up every Sunday, because this D is as porous as SpongeBob Squarepants...

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
TraskOutdoors said:
They better hope that the offense lights it up every Sunday, because this D is as porous as SpongeBob Squarepants...
You must mean was. Or, maybe you know who has made the squad already? Yee of little faith.

·
Banned
16,019 Posts
Ooops, my bad, I forgot that the training camp roster consists of a plethora of guys who are the second coming of Reggie White, Ronnie Lott, and Derrelle Revis...

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Remember Eddie. Every other team in football is perfect. Only the Steelers cannot figure out how to play the game at even a Jr High level. The 6 Lombardi trophies just fell from the sky, because this inept franchise couldn't possibly know how to win a championship.

If only they had Julio Jones.

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
TraskOutdoors said:
Ooops, my bad, I forgot that the training camp roster consists of a plethora of guys who are the second coming of Reggie White, Ronnie Lott, and Derrelle Revis...
Except for your sunny disposition, things in life can change. Why start the season wining about the D. Let them give you the satisfaction of disappointment before you write them off.

1 - 20 of 2253 Posts