The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 1864 Posts

·
4,228 Posts
I don't foresee that gap getting any larger this year though.

I think the Steelers will be competitive, they have what looks like a very good offense IF some WR other than Brown show up to play. The defense will be decent but I doubt terrifying.

9-7 maybe 10-6

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
Backwoods said:

I think the Steelers will be competitive, they have what looks like a very good offense IF some WR other than Brown show up to play. The defense will be decent but I doubt terrifying.

9-7 maybe 10-6
I'm with ya on that.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
They will have an actual running game this year. Ben is devastating when he has play action to work with. The d will be faster. Lebeau didn't forget how to call a defense. With the speed in the LB corps, we will generate pressure, so the secondary will look better.

19-0

·
6,448 Posts
eddie spaghetti said:
These guys need to find a new hangout.
the bad thing is my son said "dad do I need to find a new favorite player?" he is a center on his team and naturally likes pounce for that reason. these guys need to realize that kids idolize them. all for a few jollies why put yourself in that situation.btw the guy isn't even sure who hit him. I say lookin for some publicity.

·
Registered
20,461 Posts
Backwoods said:

9-7 maybe 10-6
Agreed.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
treestand91 said:
eddie spaghetti said:
the bad thing is my son said "dad do I need to find a new favorite player?" he is a center on his team and naturally likes pounce for that reason. these guys need to realize that kids idolize them. all for a few jollies why put yourself in that situation.btw the guy isn't even sure who hit him. I say lookin for some publicity.
The "victim" states he by 4 bouncers and the Twins. I am going to go out on a limb and say the guy was acting sketchy.

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
steelerfan58 said:
treestand91 said:
eddie spaghetti said:
The "victim" states he by 4 bouncers and the Twins. I am going to go out on a limb and say the guy was acting sketchy.
It does sound a little like the "victim" was looking for trouble.

·
Banned
16,019 Posts
eyefromthesky said:
10-6
11-5
12-4

Take your pick.
None of the above...

Lucky to go .500 again with this lineup. Just a little while ago I saw an analyst rank the NFL lineups for this year. Naturally Seattle and San Fran ranked 1 and 2, Cleveland was 24 and the Steelers were 27th. Now, at first, you look at that and gasp and it all seems completely ridiculous, but when you delve deeper and really see how this team is put together and it all becomes clear.

They'll be lucky to go .500 in their division this year, with Cincy likely sweeping them.

Go ahead, call me ridiculous, tell me how the Stillers are gonna run all over the NFL and take home number 7. I'm all ears...

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
TraskOutdoors said:
eyefromthesky said:
10-6
11-5
12-4

Take your pick.
None of the above...

Lucky to go .500 again with this lineup. Just a little while ago I saw an analyst rank the NFL lineups for this year. Naturally Seattle and San Fran ranked 1 and 2, Cleveland was 24 and the Steelers were 27th. Now, at first, you look at that and gasp and it all seems completely ridiculous, but when you delve deeper and really see how this team is put together and it all becomes clear.

They'll be lucky to go .500 in their division this year, with Cincy likely sweeping them.

Go ahead, call me ridiculous, tell me how the Stillers are gonna run all over the NFL and take home number 7. I'm all ears...
Trask, Without seeing how the team comes together, don't you think it's a little too early to throw in the towel? BTW, only an idiot would rank the Browns above the Steelers (or many other teams) at this point. Way too many questions that will not be answered until camp breaks in Berea and they go to battle. Until that time, the Browns are last in the division, and one of the worst teams in the league.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
OK Trask. You may either incessantly point out each and every flaw and bring gloom and doom to the Steelers thread, or the Pens thread, but not both.

·
Banned
16,019 Posts
You're right, I can't predict how the team will come together, but it's the lack of talent and depth that makes you sit up and take notice.

I figured they wouldn't make the playoffs last year and they didn't. Almost though, and I will admit that they overperformed for me.

The Steelers 2010-2014 have almost ran parallel to the Pens in terms of the same old, same old, repetitive, failed gameplans and lack of talent and depth in the roster.

Steelers-Offensive line is always getting mauled and injured in every game. We are told that they will "gel" soon enough and will be a stellar unit...some day.

Pens-Defense is getting pushed back into their own crease on a nightly basis and allowing opposing players to camp out in front of the net and have free reign to hack and whack at loose pucks and cause general mayhem. We are told that they will eventually "gel" and it will all come together....some time.

Steelers-Secondary constantly torched week in and week out for big plays that end up costing games. Everyone screams for the team to do something about it and either find some talent via free agency or use early picks for solid defensive backs. Team thumbs their noses and YET AGAIN drafts more linebackers...

Pens-The lack of talent around Sid and Geno gets more and more painfully obvious with every passing season. Night in and night out they set up the schlubs they play with glorious chances and they screw them up somehow because in reality they are nothing more than 3rd liners whose numbers get inflated by playing alongside the best players in the world. Everyone screams for them to draft talented wingers for Sid and Geno to play with. Team thumbs their noses and drafts MORE defensemen...

And you don't DARE question the team's GMs and their choices. After all, they are GENIUSES who know more about hockey and football then you'll ever dream of knowing. Colbert and Shero are gods among mortals and we aren't worthy to question their authority...

·
Registered
20,461 Posts
But Shero isn't the Pens GM anymore.

And the Steelers need linebackers (at least inside) just as badly, if not worse, than they need DBS.

·
Registered
20,461 Posts
I think I might be inclined to wait until at least the first practice of training camp to write the Steelers off for this year.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Danesdad said:
But Shero isn't the Pens GM anymore.

And the Steelers need linebackers (at least inside) just as badly, if not worse, than they need DBS.
Good ILBs stop the run in the 3-4, and execute the X blitz that we love so much. This pressures the QB, and that makes the secondary better. Hard to make good decisions when you are on your back. If there was a Rod Woodson, Mel Blount or Deion Sanders corner available when they drafted, they would have been INSANE to not take him. Those guys are rare, that's why they are in the HOF. The guy most of us think of when we think Steeler football was an inside linebacker, #58. Look at the drop off since Farrior started to slip. They gave up more 100+ rushers last year than they have in like 10 years prior. A good NT would have been great, but again, those aren't exactly easy to find. I believe in Bell as a back. The line improved greatly last year. Ben is still in his prime. Look on the bright side, we could have drafted Johnny Football.

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
eddie spaghetti said:
Trask, Without seeing how the team comes together, don't you think it's a little too early to throw in the towel?
You do know this is Trask you're talking to, right? Its never too early for him to throw in the towel. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure he's thrown in the towel for the 2020/2021 Pens.

1 - 20 of 1864 Posts