·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[No message]

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Just making the playoffs doesn't mean jack. Peyton Manning gets to the playoffs every year too. Like the Pens, his team's annually get shamed and embarrassed once they get there. They've been there every year since 2007, yet one would think they don't know how playoff hockey is played.

·
Registered
9,479 Posts
I haven,t voted yet but what do you think is worse.Not makin it or getting completely creamed in the first round?I,m thinkin the former.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I voted yes only because their backs are against the wall to win 2 of the last 4 they have a 50/50 chance I think its gonna come down to the Ottawa game tues regaurdless what they do today. the flyers are going to have a lot to do with pens making the playoffs because they win today puts the pens on a slippery slope if the sens win today a 1 point lead going into the game tues and the flyers have to play the senators on the last game of the season if its possible a flyer loss to Ottawa puts the pens out of the playoffs I think the flyers lose on purpose

·
Registered
12,251 Posts
They don't have to beat Ottawa to get in. Alot of teams are very close and even the Tiebreakers are close with ROW. Here is a look at the team points and games remaining. 5 out of these 6 teams will make it in.

Islanders 98 points 3 games
Washington 97 points 3 games
Detroit 95 points 4 games
Pittsburgh 95 points 4 games
Boston 95 Points 3 games
Ottawa 92 points 4 games

·
Registered
12,251 Posts
Ottawa's ROW isn't very good so everyone holds a tiebreaker on them.

·
Registered
569 Posts
yes C but the sens are the hottest team right now7-2-1 winning 3 in a row
and bruins hot as well 5-3-2 winning 5 in a row
pens are the coldest in the league 3-7-1 lost 2 in a row

·
Registered
12,251 Posts
Yes but Detroit is 3-5-2 and been playing like crap as well. I think Pittsburgh should make the playoffs but if they don't start playing better they are going to get bounced in the first or second round anyway. In some ways maybe it would be a bigger wakeup call if they missed the Playoffs all together???? I don't know. That being said I will be pulling for them to make the playoffs. Most of the teams have a tough schedule and they have a game in hand on Boston. This maybe the first year in a long time that 95 points won't get a playoff spot.

·
Registered
569 Posts
yes its a log jam for sure these last 4 games are going to be fun to watch with so much on the line. it could come down to which goalie gets the hottest fleury has been good but a little shakey the last couple games but to his defense the
D hasn't given him any help. Its possible a team with 98 or 99 pts. could miss the playoffs

·
Registered
12,251 Posts
Yep it is very tight. Big day today as Ottawa, Penguins, and Red wings all play.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Did the Pens play?

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
I hope they make the playoffs so thier draft seeding drops a spot or two muhahahahaha. What chumps. I still think Mason is a better goaltender than Flower. Mason has a stronger mental makeup.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
I voted yes, just because I hope they do! At this point though it's any ones guess. They sure haven't been playing well.

·
Registered
17,319 Posts
The PENS don't deserve to make the playoffs with the product they have been putting on ice the last couple of months. Rutherford and Johnston have ruined this team by gutting them via trading away the last little bit of grit they had. I would be willing to bet that they wish they had some of those players back, given the injuries that they have dealt with this year. Not only that, but the lines should be solidified this time of year going into the playoffs, not the hodgepodge that is going on as of late.

With that said, anything is possible once the playoffs start!

·
Registered
20,461 Posts
Those smiles are less tied to the fate of the team and more to those checks the above gentlemen continue to cash.

·
Registered
14,314 Posts
cornfed23 said:
just when you think they cant get any worse they blow a 3-0 lead. can I change my vote to no lol
^^^THIS FOR ME AS WELL^^^

1 - 20 of 28 Posts