The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
12,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought he should have been after last season. I think he will be gone for sure this year.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Yep, probably get rid of Neal to.
Need to shake up that locker room.

·
Registered
12,676 Posts
The team is very soft including the coach. I feel Lemieux and Shero are as well. It may not change unless ownership and management change as well.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
They'll tweak it a little, because it's not that bad. We're perennial playoff participants. It's not that broke, just lick your wounds and wait for next year. The coach will be here next season as well. JMHO

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Thinking Bylsma is gone!
So will a few defenseman.
See if they get Crosby some wingers.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
good ole boy said:
Those clips of Crosby barkin at Bylsma on the bench in another game is in poor taste and shows how immature he really is.
I kinda want a captain to show some fire and desperation. Maybe he was trying to say "Dan, our game isn't working, and my head is Staal's personal pinata. Maybe you should try something else."

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I seem to recall a certain mens national team in the olympics that had a dominating preliminary round ... then completely collapsed in the medal rounds.
DIDN'T EVEN MEDAL !
Seems familiar.

Common denominator ???...

·
Registered
810 Posts
I think he will be. I just can't see how ownership could trust him next year in the playoffs. I also think if he goes Shero should too. Not sure who is out there for replacement GM's but Shero has been atrocious at the draft since he took over. Lots of options at coach. My two top candidates would be Barry Trotz and Ulf Samuelsson. Gotta wait for Ulf to be done in the playoffs with NYR though. Also seems like it would be difficult to hire a GM this close to the draft

·
20,123 Posts
I like the Idea of Ulf a little That might be a bit of a 'flyer' (pun intended) but I can guarantee that he would take little to not crap from the players yet not be a total jerk. I dont hate the Trotz idea either.

How about Torterella hahahahaha!!

·
Registered
14,314 Posts
Trout 2003 said:
I like the Idea of Ulf a little That might be a bit of a 'flyer' (pun intended) but I can guarantee that he would take little to not crap from the players yet not be a total jerk. I dont hate the Trotz idea either.

How about Torterella hahahahaha!!
After all the crap he's said about the organization from top to bottom I figured nobody would bring this up even in jest. I was wrong!

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
He should be......for the simple fact that a mjaor shakeup is needed

·
20,123 Posts
Oh my god!!! The City of Pittsburgh would spontaneously combust if Torts became coach lol. I'm sorry though....that joke wasn't even funny haha.

·
Registered
20,461 Posts
Here's what I think will happen:

-Bylsma is gone. Too many playoff appearances have been squandered in the Crosby Malkin era.
- He'll be replaced by Jacque Martin, who is already in house.
-Reirden will stay.
-Shero will stay. In spite of many mistakes.
-Niskanen wont be affordable, due to the contracts of Letang and Scuderi. He'll leave.
- Either Goc or Stempniak will probably leave due to financial constraints. I'm thinking Goc stays and Stumpy goes.
-Fleury isn't invited back.
-Adams isn't invited back.
-Juicy signs somewhere else...again money constraints.
- Orpik wont be invited back.
-Bortuzzo will become an every day player.
-Gibbons becomes an every day fourth liner with Glass.

·
Registered
12,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I honestly think that Shero has done a good job. Last year that team was stacked with talent with the moves that he made at the deadline.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
It would be good to get Tochett as an assistant. Maybe Gary Roberts as well. We need coaches who can 1)get them grittier and wwwwwwwwwwayyyyy tougher, and 2)MAKE THEM ACTUALLY WORK!!

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Danesdad said:
Here's what I think will happen:

-Bylsma is gone. Too many playoff appearances have been squandered in the Crosby Malkin era.
- He'll be replaced by Jacque Martin, who is already in house.
-Reirden will stay.
-Shero will stay. In spite of many mistakes.
-Niskanen wont be affordable, due to the contracts of Letang and Scuderi. He'll leave.
- Either Goc or Stempniak will probably leave due to financial constraints. I'm thinking Goc stays and Stumpy goes.
-Fleury isn't invited back.
-Adams isn't invited back.
-Juicy signs somewhere else...again money constraints.
- Orpik wont be invited back.
-Bortuzzo will become an every day player.
-Gibbons becomes an every day fourth liner with Glass.
Blysma might be gone, but Jacque Martin is to old, and won't relate to the players.

Shero might go as well, there's a rumor that Crosby agent would take over. Big mistake!

Niskanen will stay, Letang and Scuderi are gone. Nisky was more reliable than Letang, and Scuderi isn't what he once was.

Fluery had a great series. He gave up 15 goals, one was an empty netter. 2 goals a game. That is a Penguins all time record for the least amount of goals in a 7 game series.

As far as the rest of the players you mentioned, I agree.

With all this being said, I just can't wait for next season!

On a side note, Montreal looking great tonight! I hate Boston!!!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts