The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our company is looking to make a donation to one of the above organizations. Please let us know which organization you would rather see benefit from our donation.

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
I voted for Pheasants Forever, but ONLY because you didn't include Ducks Unlimited or Delta Waterfowl.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
I voted for the ruffed grouse society for several reasons.
The one reason that stands out in my mind is habitat. when habitat work is conducted to benefit the ruffed grouse, that habitat will also benefit other species including, but not limited to deer and turkey.

Some other reasons, the grouse is a native bird to PA, the pheasant is not. The NWTF is a great organization, but the turkey is doing ok in PA currently, while the grouse is not.
In general, I would like to see more work, specifically habitat work, done to help bolster the grouse population. Generally a patchwork of small sized (less than 20-25 acres) early succesional habitat is best for grouse. As stated earlier, this habitat will be utilized by other species as well.

Any way your company can specify that the money be utilized in PA?

Just my .02$

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
JD3 said:
Maybe your company can donate to the Pennsylvania Game Commission...
+ 10 for that idea!!!

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
357shuter said:
Our company is looking to make a donation to one of the above organizations. Please let us know which organization you would rather see benefit from our donation.
How about donating a Robo Deer for use in your area?

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
I agree as well, just thought we were limited to the choices listed!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts