The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
Ravin R9
5,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking into buying a FoxPro Wildfire.
Would be using it mostly for crows and maybe on coyotes.
Wondering what the volume level is.
I have a western rivers cassette that puts out 25 watts.
I can't find anything on the wildfire that tells you the wattage.
So if anyone owns one and can give me some input I'd appreciate it.
Tired of lugging the heavy old caller and the wildfire fits my budget.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have a wildfire and use it for crows. Works fine and I think it is plenty loud for the areas that I hunt. I also have an external speaker from my old preymaster that I plug into it if I'm hunting very large wide open areas to help with some extra volume but don't normaly need it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have a wildfire 2.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. Gotta walk over to it, turn it off and on again and it will work.

Ordered new sounds, tried uploading them, lost all the factory preloaded sounds. retried and now I have the same calls doubled on my remote. Now, when I try to load sounds it just says "turn on caller" for hours.

I think the remote is too cumbersome, especially with gloves in the cold.

It has called in many of fox, but I wouldnt buy another.

I probably wouldnt buy any other electronic caller either.

I like simplicity and they are not simple, back to mouth calls. IMO

·
Registered
115 Posts
I got the Wildfire 2. I absolutely love it. Plenty of volume and easy to change sounds. Although it will hold 200 I have found that leaving more than a couple dozen on it and your scrolling to much in the field so I have created separate folders depending on what I am going for that day/night. Less than 10 minutes and I can have any sounds I want changed and loaded as long as I am near a computer. For the price it can't be beat! IMO!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts