The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Banned
10,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this not the best beef jerky ever? It's so delicious. Some kid tried to tell me jack links was better. Kinda made me mad! LOL. any opinions?

·
Banned
10,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my mom buys me a pound every christmas! i love this stuff!

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
wild bills is good stuff!! Wheres that recipe lawman?? I have some venison ear marked for jerky and wouldn't mind trying a new mix.

·
Registered
8,510 Posts
WB is my fav...my nephew likes Jack Links because its not as peppery.

You don't need no teef to eat our beef.....best slogan ever.

·
Banned
11,450 Posts
Tried Jack Link's Jerky and I must say it is nothing to write home about. Haven't seen Wild Bill's Jerky. Who carries it?

Not to toot my own horn but I will. I get nearly my whole deer ground up. I have a good set up for making jerky out of ground meat - the jerky cannon (industrial model), 10 tray dehydrator, several recipies. I got people at work who never ate jerky before begging me for it when I bring in a bag.

·
Banned
10,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Getinearly said:
Tried Jack Link's Jerky and I must say it is nothing to write home about. Haven't seen Wild Bill's Jerky. Who carries it?

Not to toot my own horn but I will. I get nearly my whole deer ground up. I have a good set up for making jerky out of ground meat - the jerky cannon (industrial model), 10 tray dehydrator, several recipies. I got people at work who never ate jerky before begging me for it when I bring in a bag.
everyone in my neck of the woods.....

·
Banned
11,450 Posts
Well that helps me
How late they open?

I'm just down the road from ya, right near the airport.

·
Banned
10,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
take a trip to JR's beer wearhouse in rochester right up the hill from the drivers license place. you can buy it by the piece or by the pound. hope that helps.

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
adudeuknow said:
Is this not the best beef jerky ever? It's so delicious. Some kid tried to tell me jack links was better. Kinda made me mad! LOL. any opinions?
cant argue

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
OK Sorry. I was on a 7 day vacation for a small infraction. Here is the recipe:

1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
1/3 Cup Worcesesteshire (sp) Sauce
1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
1 Tablespoon Onion Powder
Crushed Black Pepper / Hot Sauce to taste (small amount of pepper to duplicate WB's)

Mix all in a bowl, add meat, marinade/soak over night, then put it on a drying rack/dehydrator. I usually use venison or london broil when it is on sale for 1.99 (The shoprite near me slices it for me).

Enjoy
Let me know how it goes
Scott

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
I couldn't tell you if it's the best or not, I make my own
jerky. My friends can't get enough of it. I make deer, boar,
turkey, Ram, and even pheasant jerky. They all agree that
pheasant jerky is the best.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Share some recipes!!!!
I will give them all a try at least once! Guys at work have started bringing me meat and ingredients asking me to make them some. I can't keep it more than a few hours. People call me over to their area for some other reason and then ask me for a few pieces of jerky

Scott

1 - 20 of 95 Posts