The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, was browsing the classifieds on here the other day, saw a traditions PA pellet for sale, price the guy gave me was 100 dollars less then what i would pay in the gun store, and its new in box as well, not to mention my wife OKed it, she handles the money lol..so i cant beat it. Im really excited, i hope theres snow on the ground for the traditional season..im so motivated, i just wish she would be willing to eat deer meat lol

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. Just remember that. Most times you can't return guns.

Sometimess I will throw it out there that I'm thinking about it or that I have the money for it. I will look for a responce. If not too terrible(like don't even think about it) I go for it, and see what happens.

She is normally only mad for a little while.

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
Somethings you just can't hide. Like my last purchase for instance. I had worked a side job for some extra cash, and my wife knew I had it. I dropped over $600 on a new revolver. First she will eventually see the gun that she knew I didn't have before, and what happened to the money I had? I can only get away with that when I work side jobs or OT.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Big Ken said:
With a name like "Abrams Gunner", I'd not expect a lady to wear the pants as far as you are concerned..
its not about wearing the pants or not wearing the pants, its just consideration, i mean 275 dollars isnt a whole lot of money, but it is at the same time, and if she said no, we need a stove or we need something for the cars, then id be like..ok..thats all..we both wear the pants..

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
good deal. my gf didn't know that I was buying a custom flinter until I ordered it and put a down payment on it. just one thing, please shoot it as much as possible. Every time you go to the range bring it with you and put a few balls down range. Don't be one of those guys that only gets the flinter out on christmas and thinkgs that they are Carlos Hathcock.

·
Administrator
39,022 Posts
AbramsGunnerC12 said:
hey, was browsing the classifieds on here the other day, saw a traditions PA pellet for sale, price the guy gave me was 100 dollars less then what i would pay in the gun store, and its new in box as well, not to mention my wife OKed it, she handles the money lol..so i cant beat it. Im really excited, i hope theres snow on the ground for the traditional season..im so motivated, i just wish she would be willing to eat deer meat lol
Good deal brother!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
brewyak said:
good deal. my gf didn't know that I was buying a custom flinter until I ordered it and put a down payment on it. just one thing, please shoot it as much as possible. Every time you go to the range bring it with you and put a few balls down range. Don't be one of those guys that only gets the flinter out on christmas and thinkgs that they are Carlos Hathcock.
ive never been like that, i like to start in the summer, when theres no1 at the range, then in the fall i just tweak and make sure everything is kosher, but ivr never done the ML thing before so im deff going to take more time to do this right and enjoy it..

·
Premium Member
24,054 Posts
Very best of luck with your new ML!!

Me being a CPA & the Mrs an Elem School Teacher...I don't get her much involved in the gun aquisition department. I'm better trained in finance!!
Plus, best to not get her all upset with me buyin my needed toys!! Heck...odds have it that some day she will getem all anyways!!

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
I never ask permission.Bring it home,put it on the table and say "Look what I got!"

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lol, i lose my mind when she buys an addition to her 50 pair shoe collection..lol..shed lose her mind if i brought home something costing more then 20 dollars..it is what it is..

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
told the wife i was getting a custom gun built she was mad for a minute till i told her new gun means i,ll be a camp more and she said iam packing your bag what a great wife

·
Registered
9,480 Posts
I,m with 4-10er.Wife and I get along great.We don,t play those baby games he lets me get that,she lets me get this.We both are responsible and each of us know we can get anything we want cause we don,t spend foolishly and only buy somethin we really want AFTER and only after all of the needs not wants are purchased forth.Plus we only buy good deals,not average deals.

·
Registered
380 Posts
AbramsGunnerC12 said:
i just wish she would be willing to eat deer meat lol
Hey if she doesn't want it I know a certain dyvery that will eat his share my buddy, old friend, pal of mine.........LOL

·
Premium Member
24,054 Posts
good ole boy said:
I,m with 4-10er.Wife and I get along great.We don,t play those baby games he lets me get that,she lets me get this.We both are responsible and each of us know we can get anything we want cause we don,t spend foolishly and only buy somethin we really want AFTER and only after all of the needs not wants are purchased forth.Plus we only buy good deals,not average deals.

Too many WE'S in that post for me!! LOL

·
Registered
21,036 Posts
short mag said:
IT IS EASIER TO ASK FOR FORGIVENESS THAN IT IS TO ASK FOR PERMISSION.

·
Banned
900 Posts
First wife example: " Honey, I'm gonna buy a Jeep." Response:" No you're not"
Reaction: Bought it and she packed to leave me. I begged and she stayed. Big mistake. Ugly divorce 12yrs later

This wife example: Honey, "I'm gonna buy a ________"
Response: " Cool! Can I ( Shoot, Hunt, Fish, Ride, Drive) it??"

Working real well so far with flinters, crossbow, rods and next week a 2010 Electra Glide Ultra Classic!! I love my wife!!

Welcome to the club Abrams!! Smoke'm if ya got'em!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts