The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well to all of you that bought those gun tickets last Fall to support the Youngsville Marching Eagles trip to Dublin Ireland to march in their St Patrick's Day parade the time has come, the bags are packed and on Thursday morning at 6 AM my wife, daughter (clarinet) and the entire Youngsville Marching Eagle band and support will be heading off to Dublin Ireland!!!

They will March in the St. Patrick's Day parade in Dublin which is viewed by 500,000 and will be available to view on the internet ( I hope to get the link to share here) , will perform at a catholic Cathedral, and then represent the US of A in an international marching band competition. during their week's sstay.

Neither Mom or daughter have been on a plane before so they will certainly get their fill of that, not to mention 7 days in beautiful Ireland for two girls who have never been more than a car drive's distance out of PA.

I WANT TO THANK ALL OF YOU THAT BOUGHT THE TICKETS HERE, BY FAR HPA BOUGHT THE MOST out of any collective group!!!! I just wish a HPAer would of won the gun..., but thank you again for supporting this, something these kids and the adults chaperones will never forget while the represent our little NW PA town, all of PA and the USA.

The boys and I are going to miss them terribly as communication will be limited (by cost) to the interent, but we are so proud and excited ...I will try to hook it up so the parade can be viewed here or hsare pics I may get, luckily you won't be able to see me tear up ...LOL...THANKS HPA FOR THE SUPPORT!!!

, and may the luck of the Irish be yours.

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well they are on their way, dropped them off at the shcool at 6AM ...
, this is going to be one long week, I miss them already.

Jessi's band is one of only 8 marching bands from the entire USofA going over for this, likely the smallest band, there will 500,000+ people AT THE PARADE and rumor is it will be on BBC on Dish Network Sunday morning. I did some googling.

I'll post more info tonight, if anyone is interested in watching...

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For any that might want to watch..

St patty's day festival parade

i watched the live version and Jessi and her band get a few seconds of fame
..Jessi is the front left corner playing the clarinet. God I miss my girls
, but man I bet they are having the time of their life. Very Proud to see PA, USA represented by our little hometown band!

There will be a replay around 1:15 -1:30ish for anyone that wants too see it. Time to go get my hike in...

·
Registered
10,309 Posts
Good for them!

I've been through many of these types of weeks over the last 35 child years , RB.

let them fly...

(it's tough)

·
Registered
733 Posts
When will we get another update? How are the girls enjoying Dublin, and how are the bachelors surviving at home?

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well they will be HOME tonight late..in the air all day today (yes I am praying)..can't wait for the hugs tonight.

Overall the "guys week" was largely indoors busy with school/work. Due to the cold and snow all week and more tonight and tomorrow. Lots of Duck Dynasty and Pens hockey...meat eaten without vegetables...extra beer for Dad in the evening. LOL...

Jessi has had limited messages to me via FB, but it sounds like they had an incredible time and just love Ireland, lots of pics of some beautifule places, kissed the blarney stone...etc..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts