The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of selling my bow and switching to a crossbow. I seen gander has the warrior package on sale for 350. been reading reviews online seems like a pretty nice bow. Anyone shot or have one any info would be great.

·
Registered
18,621 Posts
Been shooting TenPoints(makers of Wicked Ridge) for three years now. Have shot both the Warrior and Invader. IMO, the Wicked Ridge bows are the best entry level bows in the market right now.

They are not the fastest bows in the world but are solid all the way around and backed by a company that truly cares about its customers.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I have an Invader HP that I bought on the anti gun auction site for $412. The warrior goes for about $350 any time. There are 2 of each model. The one with the red dot is cheaper. I'm a scope guy myself and the included scope is plenty good for deer sized targets at normal archery ranges.

That said, I studied crossbows intensively before purchase, and believe that wicked ridge as a brand is the best for the money. This includes durability, speed, warranty and other things like the accudraw system.

All in all, I have been very satisfied with my WR.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Not to jump in and tell you to get a different xbow but..
You may want to look into ones with the inverted Limbs. Much easier to maneuver.. String isn't exposed so won't get caught on things if you are stalking through the woods. I can actually cock an inverted one from a climber but one with regular limbs is darn near impossible. Just something to thing about but really depends on your hunting style.
Crossbows are dang fun to hunt with!

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
The Warrior is awesome. Comes very highly recommended from crossbow dealers selling much more expensive bows.

I love mine and Ten Point has great customer service

·
Registered
473 Posts
I bought one last year and have been very happy with it. This was my first crossbow so I didnt want to spend a ton of money, but figured if its made by ten point its got to be pretty solid. I have had zero issues with it.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I was told by the archery department at a bass pro shop that WR is the one that is least returned for service or repair. Pick mine up tomorrow

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Why sell your Bow? Use your vertical bow early in the season when the weather is warmer then switch to the horizontal one later when you need to bundle up.

Double the fun.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts