The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the crossbow world, as I myself am into shooting vertical bows for now. I had a couple questions on the above bow in the header.

Can you get this bow without the package or does it only come with the scope, quiver, etc? Also what is a decent price for one?

If I do get the package how are the scope and bolts? Normally package deals skimp on the accessories.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
The Invader comes with the Acudraw 52, 40mm red dot scope and a 6 arrow quiver. The MSRP is $499
The bow only comes in a package. And, as I always say....check the warranty of any crossbow you are going to buy.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Is Wicked Ridge an off shoot of Ten Point? Looking at the latest advertisement, they looked awfully similar. Seemed like one of those deals where a big company sells a cheaper model under a different name, and eliminating the warranty would be an easy way to cut some cost.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
arrowhead said:
The Invader comes with the Acudraw 52, 40mm red dot scope and a 6 arrow quiver. The MSRP is $499
The bow only comes in a package. And, as I always say....check the warranty of any crossbow you are going to buy.
Are you saying there are problems with materials on this bow and therefore I'll need the warranty? I don't care if it's only a 5 year warranty.

I do care if it's such a lower grade of xbow compared to the ten point that I would be better off spending the money for the tenpoint. It's going to be my dad'd first xbow and he won't shoot alot so he doesn't need a top of the line xbow. But also don't want o buy a piece of crap that i have to fix all the time.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
If it's for your dad, have him handle and shoot some crossbows. Consider that the 10 Point built in Accudraw is the most convenient crank cocker around. I really like mine, I finally realized I wasn't shooting as much as I would like because my back hurts even from a rope puller. Young folks don't always realize the price older folks pay in aches and pain to do stuff. Talk to your father about cocking and let him try hand, rope and crank methods.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
There is the possibility you will need the warranty on any crossbow. The Wicked Ridge isn't junk by any means, but there are many options out there that you may want to explore.
If you look around, there are better bows out there. IMHO They can be bought at a better price point and they offer a lifetime warranty.
The Parker Enforcer is a 160 lb bow and shoots a little over 300 f.p.s. in our tests. The Wicked Ridge Invader is a 180 lb bow that shoots 305 f.p.s. The Enforcer is lighter in the front, which makes it easier to hold. At 160 lbs it's also easier to cock the bow. With the Hawke MAP scope, the Enforcer is priced at $449.95 and offers a lifetime warranty.

All that being said, I'm sure you will be happy with either choice. They are both very good bows but each one has advantages and disadvantages.

Another to look into is the Excalibur Axiom. Very light and easy to carry. Dead solid and extremely reliable.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
DadHuntsNow brings up a very good point too. The crank isn't available for the Wicked Ridge bows yet. I will say I love the Ten Point cranking system.

·
Registered
650 Posts
That parker enforcer is a nice crossbow! I looked at one at cabelas in wheeling a few weeks ago, and if i hadn't already bought one would have gotten it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts