The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at crossbows. Wicked Ridge makes the Raider package deal for about $500. They also make the Blackout package which Cabelas is selling for $400. Does any one have any experience with these? I like the looks and feel of them.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Funny story. I went to a sporting good store to look at xbows. The archery clerk kept trying to talk me out of buying an xbow. "Why don't you just use your compound in the late season" he said.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Why don't you use your/a compound?

·
Registered
19,671 Posts
Rusty Dog said:
I have been looking at crossbows. Wicked Ridge makes the Raider package deal for about $500. They also make the Blackout package which Cabelas is selling for $400. Does any one have any experience with these? I like the looks and feel of them.
Probably the Invader and not the Raider? If you can het a Raider for $500, I would jump on it. Great mid level bows backed by great customer service. Not the fastest in the world, but reliable and well built. Package scope is OK. If optics are important to you, maybe upgrade that.

·
Registered
6,472 Posts
Already looking at 2015 on ways to improve my crossbow hunting... I have a Wicked Ridge Invader HP and it's an awesome XBOW! I do like to use a shooting rest and was considering installing the Steady Eddy rest to it.. Is this easy to install on the Wicked Ridge without having the store do it for me? I was also considering using lighted nocks next year. I do use the Wicked Ridge carbon bolts I want to make sure the Tenpoint bolts with the lighted nocks are the same weight. Saw were you can get install them to the regular bolts and make them lighted.. is this hard to install or do you have to remove the old nocks and glue the new ones on your bolts? I recently purchased one of the Ghost Blinds..However purchased this for all kinds of hunting in the future.. deer, turkey, and of course my favorite predator hunting... will use it in the daytime when calling predators. Looking forward to using this next year with my Wicked Ridge Invader HP...I am also going to start to hunt in Va with the crossbow.. All of these 2015 enhancements will be used in Pa and Va.. Any feed back on all of my comments would be appreciated.. what do you think about the Steady Eddy rest????

1 - 8 of 8 Posts