The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some young gentelmen, set up on a creek to enjoy the last day of duck season! well outside the safety zone boundries.They shoot a duck or two the police show up tells them there ok where they are. A couple geese get shot a warden shows up! Distance from Houses ok, from road ok permission to hunt ok! BUT! CONSIDER THIS A VERBAL WARNING PACK YOUR STUFF UP AND GET OUT!!!!!!!!!! WHY!!!!!

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
Still unclear who gave ya a hard time. Pa doesn't have "wardens" so it might have been anybody. Did you ask for some ID and ask HIM "why"?

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
HMM I think I'd be calling the area office and asking to meet a warden back there to explain why I wasn't able to hunt there again. Or atleast to explain why?

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
There has to be more to the story if not tell them to pound sand.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Two thoughts....

1. While outside the safety zone, was shot possibly landing on someone's house, car, or property?

2. Someone with enough political clout lives nearby and the WCO is tired of hearing from them/their cronies.

·
Registered
6,792 Posts
Ahh, the old Verbal Warning. If you would have received a written warning the story would be more believable. As it is you have no proof to back up your large tale.

I do enjoy these threads.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yes outside safety zone not shooting back into it! This came from my grandson last night, they were on the creek somewhere near a development above carlisale thats all i have right now! at this time to go by!

·
Registered
556 Posts
If they story is as you states and your grandson did absolutey nothing wrong, I'd literally tell the WCO that he'll have to arrest me to stop hunting this spot. Once again, that's if the story is accurate.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts