The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to get my licence today and they told me i was ineligable to get it they gave me the code number and a phone number any idea's?

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
jail time and felonies won't stop you from getting a license.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
that doesn't matter. you can't be denied a license because you could be trapping and not hunting. your correct about a felon not being able to have firearms though.

·
Registered
492 Posts
no felons cannot own firearms, but that does not stop them from holding a hunting license or using bows, crossbows or muzzleloaders. A felon can own any gun that does not need a background check at the gun shop, they are considered primitive weapons.

·
Registered
12,138 Posts
Hunting lice denial is usually because of fines and penalties that lead to loss of license priviledges. perhaps someone with a similar name has lost license priviledges. Happens with firearms checks.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Unpaid child support will also flag you

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
let us know what it was. I don't think any dead beat dad should be allowed to get a hunting license,I myself do not think they should be associated with use real hunters

·
Registered
414 Posts
bsneaky said:
let us know what it was. I don't think any dead beat dad should be allowed to get a hunting license,I myself do not think they should be associated with use real hunters
+1

Upstanding citizens aren't denied hunting licenses.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Re: Why would i not be eligable for a hunting lice

Losing your job and falling a little behind on child support is no reason to lose your hunting priviliges,as long as your making some attempt to pay.now if you just outright refuse to help your own kids out,that's a different story.two guys I know were denied licenses this year for support reasons,both lost their jobs and owe arreareges,they make monthly payments,just fell behind a little .when you open unemployment claim,you lose an entire weeks pay due to a waiting week,so it's easy to imagine how you can fall behind,plus the fact they arnt collecting near the amount of their regular wages.the state loses money now,no license fees from these guys,plus I know they'll be out hunting,and frankly I don't blame them.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Flint lock What due you think is a upstanding citizen?? I got flagged about 3 years ago same name and birthday but different birth year.Photoed my drivers licenses and sent it in .All fixed

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Being behind in child support will deny a hunting and fishing license and betting trapping too. Know this from a neighbor, my kids are grown LOL.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Flint Lock said:
bsneaky said:
+1

Upstanding citizens aren't denied hunting licenses.
You know there are some people that make a mistake when they are young and turn out to be what you call a "Upstanding citizen"
I never saw a forum where everyone on it was so perfect as some of the people on this sight think they are.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts