The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,646 Posts
They're likely still "out there" someplace, arguing and spreading their gospels?

BT briefly appeared on a few other sites I once frequented, after he vacated these premises. As I recall he didn't last long in any of those other venues?

:wink2:
BT dropped off of all of the sites I had seen him posting on immediately after he had been deposed and the USP lost their court challenge on deer management. After I exposed his deposed testimony and the court rejected it he simply disappeared without further comment. I hope between the Judge and I we didn’t cause him to have a heart attack or something.

Dick Bodenhorn

·
Registered
25,472 Posts
They haven't "lost a step" since their big day in court, pretty much fell flat.

If anything, they've become ever loonier with their accusations, claims and statements since then?

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
BT dropped off of all of the sites I had seen him posting on immediately after he had been deposed and the USP lost their court challenge on deer management. After I exposed his deposed testimony and the court rejected it he simply disappeared without further comment. I hope between the Judge and I we didn’t cause him to have a heart attack or something.

Dick Bodenhorn
Are you saying BT and you were in court? What are you saying? Waugh!

·
20,120 Posts
Hard to believe I've been around for over 17 years at this place. Not a TON of faces still here from those days. Ford Ranger, Beenthere, Livetohunt, Dr Trout just to name a very very few. All characters that kept the place lively to say the least lol. I think the fact that I never really got into social media like instagram and FB until very recently has kept me interested in the site for so long. Also the ability to avoid huge arguments that boil over has helped although I am the not so proud author of one of the most legendary argument posts this site has ever and probably will ever see years back haha. Not my finest hour........ Pretty much everyone I hunt with today has come from this site in one way or another. It's too bad the site purges cause I would LOVE to go back to Feb 2001 and see some of the conversations had back when Gerald owned the place. Things were a LOT different and a lot more free flowing back them. Everyone knew pretty much every member and it was a funny time. It was more like a small town compared to the big city we live in here now. I occasionally wonder if Gerald every comes to this site to see what it has become and wonder if he's proud of it or not. I still miss the old format and stuff and am not as active as I was back then but it's a cool place still. Finding traction in this day and age with some many options if tough. HPA and stood the test of time thus far.

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Was he the guy with the cartoon walking bear? I remember him.
No he had the woodchuck thus grundsow . He had a website fort grundsow I think with all kinds of data from just about everywhere that he used to ARgue with Beenthere and anyone else that had the time. Waugh!

·
Super Moderator
13,646 Posts
Are you saying BT and you were in court? What are you saying? Waugh!
Beenthere was part of the USP crew who filed the law suit against the Game Commission’s deer management program. If anyone remembers he was constantly posting data that was counter to the Game Commission’s data.

His data was a large part of what the USP was using and basing their allegations of mismanagement of the deer herd on. He was deposed, for the USP suit, using his data as part of what the USP were using in court while they tried to make a case that the Game Commission deer management data and program were wrong and that the USP had standing. In the end the Court ruled against the USP having standing and rejected their data and thus their court case.

At the time Beenthere was still posting on a few message boards and still promoting his data. I had the opportunity to read though his and all of the USP deposition as the court case was being advanced and quickly recognized it as the same data Beenthere had long been presenting and posting. I simply pointed out that his data and arguments had been rejected and declared to have no standing in the USP court case.

I don’t think I ever saw him post anything on any of those sites after that day.

Dick Bodenhorn

·
Registered
12,245 Posts
No he had the woodchuck thus grundsow . He had a website fort grundsow I think with all kinds of data from just about everywhere that he used to ARgue with Beenthere and anyone else that had the time. Waugh!
http://fortgrundsow.com/

His website has some good information on it. He has alot of the old PGC harvest maps and such.

·
Registered
12,245 Posts
I wonder what happened to Lifes2fun? He was a PGC guy, I really enjoyed his posts. Always seemed level headed and fair.
I think I remember hearing something that the PGC came out with a policy that forbid PGC employees from making posts on social media sites at least as an employee. When that happened he quit posting. Not sure maybe if he didn't come back under another name or not. RWJ disappeared then as well. Was a shame to lose them both.

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Beenthere was part of the USP crew who filed the law suit against the Game Commission’s deer management program. If anyone remembers he was constantly posting data that was counter to the Game Commission’s data.

His data was a large part of what the USP was using and basing their allegations of mismanagement of the deer herd on. He was deposed, for the USP suit, using his data as part of what the USP were using in court while they tried to make a case that the Game Commission deer management data and program were wrong and that the USP had standing. In the end the Court ruled against the USP having standing and rejected their data and thus their court case.

At the time Beenthere was still posting on a few message boards and still promoting his data. I had the opportunity to read though his and all of the USP deposition as the court case was being advanced and quickly recognized it as the same data Beenthere had long been presenting and posting. I simply pointed out that his data and arguments had been rejected and declared to have no standing in the USP court case.

I don’t think I ever saw him post anything on any of those sites after that day.

Dick Bodenhorn
I did not know he testified. I do know that one of the other sites where he was the Mod was a USP slanted site and the owner kicked me off the site because of my statements. I also know that BT left that site shortly after. We kept in contact via e mail and we hashed things out for a while but we lost contact over time. He never said he supported the lawsuit and I even think he was kicked off the other site for opposing it as I was. I could be wrong. But I think he would have said something to me about testifying.
Never met him or knew his real name but I think maybe someone else used his postings as gospel and ran with it. Than again you could be right.
Come to think of it Dutch was a major player on that other site and was always going to the meetings and speaking. I did not think BT was much of a public speaker. Waugh!

Not saying anything bad about Dutch. We did not see things the same but that don't make any of us a bad person.

·
Super Moderator
13,646 Posts
He's busy motorboatin on days off :smile2:

rjw and beartrapper too!
There were several that we lost when the Game Commission set out a policy that they could not post on the message boards in any way representing the agency.

It is a darn shame as far as I am concerned. They were all an asset and provided valuable information.

Dick Bodenhorn

·
Registered
16,450 Posts
Not a TON of faces still here from those days. Ford Ranger, Beenthere, Livetohunt, Dr Trout just to name a very very few.

Dr. Trout passed away this past hunting season. Believe it or not, he was found after not returning from a deer hunt. I believe it was rifle season. Seemed like a good fella, and had a Dr. Trout website that I would peek in on. A real small site, that he would recount his outdoor adventures in the Clarion River valley. I want to say he was 71-72 ?

41 - 60 of 80 Posts