The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
13,134 Posts
Couple guys that got the boot here over the years that I wish were still here. Although we disagreed on....ahhh, certain things,... they were fine guys with strong opinions.

And I've learned here that nothing is the end of the world, not xbows, not hr, not even obama. Thats been pretty helpful in my daily journey thru life.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I found this site to have a great bunch of people, many dedicated hunters and sprinkled with dye in the wool hardheads but still a great mix. Never got to meet any although it has been talked about. When I was injured hunting back in January I received nothing but good wishes. Even a few PMs later asking how I was doing. Great bunch of people.

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
I've been a member since the second day HPA came on line (Member #89 I think). I have made some great friends/hunting/fishing buddies because of this site. I could probably fill up the bandwidth retelling all the stories from fishing and hunting with Rooster Booster, JasonN, HTR, Kudu, and probably dozens more I forgot. I don't get on here as much as I used to but I still enjoy it. We put the "fun" in dysfunction.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I enjoy reading post's on this site. It's relaxing, enjoyable. I learned some ideas from others on here about hunting & fishing.

I meet a few on here came to my home, meet part way's when i sold some items. Theres a great bunch of good folks on here. There isn't 1 member i would down grade, it's not me. I respect everyone. I might not like some comments on some things I read on here. I like to stay out of it. I like to mix in some humor to lighten the load.

Yeah theres some hard heads on here LOL Having heated discussing's its entertaining to me. I can picture there keyboards getting hammered. But hey it's all fun on here.

·
4,225 Posts
Great post turning into a great thread. I have been a member since 2004. There has been some great conversation over the years. I have learned a lot. I haven't met as many folks, only a few, but those have been very good encounters. Valuable information, good people, and a shared passion.

·
Registered
52,307 Posts
I have been a member si nce 2002, I enjoy the stories on here and enjoy the word games..I met Timberdoodle and Buzz up in Lycoming county one morning for breakfast, what a great pair they are..

·
Registered
25,472 Posts
Just thinking about the morning after still brings a smile to my face..

One benefit of being older, had to get up around 3 AM for a bladder tap while the election was being decided and discovered that despite my worst fears, old What's Her Face had been defeated.

Only time I've ever enjoyed disrupting a good night's sleep. >:)

·
Registered
13,134 Posts
I was in Illinois where we had no tv and no phone service where we stay. Wednesday morning on the way out to where we hunt we got service and I figured I'd check to see how bad it was.......😂

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
So, I am thankful for the knucklehead even though I would sometimes prefer and even enjoy punching the lights out on some of them.

There have been a few on this site that I once completely disagreed with
I can't help but think that I crossed your mind in some way in posting this part...:grin2:

·
Super Moderator
13,646 Posts
I can't help but think that I crossed your mind in some way in posting this part...:grin2:
If you had once been one of the knuckleheads I had forgotten it. I don’t remember you ever being a knucklehead.

But, I do remember you and your wife doing a ride along with me one day while I was still working.

Dick Bodenhorn

·
Registered
7,391 Posts
When I got my griff in 2005, I had some questions and the folks in the dog forum really helped me out. Turned out another member had also just got a lab pup, and we discussed getting together to train. We both could have been from anywhere, but it turned out we were both from the same town. Not only that, but we actually lived about 5 blocks from each other. We have since shared many mornings hunting ducks and geese, and he remains a good friend. I have also met some fellow members thru the classifieds, and every single encounter has been great. Just this past season I met yet another outstanding member who was kind enough to allow me and my son access to his woods, his cabin, and even his 4-wheeler should I need it. Long live HPA!

·
Super Moderator
26,451 Posts
Just thinking about the morning after still brings a smile to my face..

One benefit of being older, had to get up around 3 AM for a bladder tap while the election was being decided and discovered that despite my worst fears, old What's Her Face had been defeated.

Only time I've ever enjoyed disrupting a good night's sleep. >:)
It hadn't yet been decided when I rolled out for work Wednesday morning. Between one very shocked and upset coworker, and the handful of libs I have on FB, I sure had fun watching the final results come in. :grin2:

·
Registered
25,472 Posts
Flipping around to MSNBC, CNN, ABC, etc after seeing Trump declared the winner, was enlightening. Everyone looked like they were at a wake. I swear that Radditz woman was on the verge of tears.

And they still haven't gotten over it yet.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
I have found a lot of good information on here, it has been a great help. Also HPA is on top of any hunting related issues, so I know about them quickly, & can move immediately to contact my reps. or whom ever else needs to be contacted on any issue.

·
Registered
25,472 Posts
They're likely still "out there" someplace, arguing and spreading their gospels?

BT briefly appeared on a few other sites I once frequented, after he vacated these premises. As I recall he didn't last long in any of those other venues?

:wink2:

21 - 40 of 80 Posts