The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why,over the last couple of years,is it so hard to get reloading supplies???????

·
Registered
715 Posts
I don't think it's hoarding, there was a big issue with Primers and powder when our Fearless leader took office 4 years ago, that was expected to be hoarding. Brass has been difficult to get for a few months.

I want to know why 300WSM brass is so Dam expensive, $2 a piece for Norma and Nosler. 270WSM is around $1.30 which is still too much but I don't understand why such a difference. You can still find 6BR Lapua for around $.80

·
Registered
284 Posts
The fella in district of Columbia that has a D behind his name and his party affiliation is a Jacka$$.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
BECAUSE of US...again we are our own worst enemy!!!!! Just like the primer shortages of the 2000.. the only thing that caused the shortage was GREED among our fellow reloaders and you can say what you want but that's exactly what caused it.. these days the shops are flooded with primers, I've actually seen dust on top of their boxed because everyone bought so many that they may never need a primer the rest of their live. WHO causes shortages WE DO !! So don't blame it one the politicians or the president.. it's our fears again for NO reason which is causing it.. try to buy .223 ammo or anything AR related, long gone and hoarded by SICKOOOOoooooo gun nuts, most of which never lifted a finger or pushed off the safe in battle!!!

·
Registered
5,790 Posts
I was in my buddys gun shop today and he has a true gun shop. 30-40 new rifles, shotguns, 12 handguns, 30 used long guns, powder, dies,etc. He said he was so over run he had to take paper work home calling in background checks from his home at 10 pm. Another store close to him handles more of the ar stuff had 2 ar's on shelf. Yep, no problem if you have $1,700.00 for a gun that was probably around 8 a month ago.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
My local shop owner told me that Bonitz Bros.(or Jerry's, whatever it's called now) has suspended ammo sales to all their customers. They are big distributer that serves a large area of PA. So all the shops that get ammo from them, will not be able to stock their shelves.
What's up with that?

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Again more examples of how "WE are at war with ourselves" and causing all this nonsense all over again, just like the primers of 3 or 4 years ago.. how can we be this stupid to fall for this again.. good times in the shooting manufacturers again. There laughing all the way to the bank!! The only confiscation is the one being caused by US !!

·
Registered
638 Posts
peebowls b skeed of the gooberment, and rightly so........

·
Super Moderator
4,590 Posts
Whats funny is how every US goverment entity stocked up just prior to this.There is a Florida college professor that said the incindent never happened.It was staged for the media.

·
Registered
449 Posts
The show this weekend in Lebanon they will only let you buy 1000 primers and that is it. Also all 223 went out the door in about 4 hours.

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
Aside from the obvious gun-grab now underway by the folks on the left side of the Capitol aisle.......... federal contracts for military ammo have taken up a WHOLE LOT of the ammo mfrs' capacity to put out product.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts