The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Hoyt Vectrix XL which I purchased new from the factory in 2007 (registered too) was having some splintered lower limb issues. I contacted the factory and was told that any warranty or repair work will need to be done by an authorized Hoyt dealer. Now, since French Creek outfitters went out of business I took the journey all the way out to Lancaster Archery supply and dropped it off about a month ago. Explained that the lower limb started to splinter and felt it was unsafe to continue to shoot. They took care of contacting Hoyt and told me they were looking into what they will do for me. Now, I'm thinking, 2007, I got my money out of that bow and well over 50 whitetails with it and was leery of parting with something that is an absolute extension of me. They called me back and told me that it was completely covered under warranty as well as the labor and it would be ready when I came back for it. How awesome is that? I asked how tough it was, and they said the key was, I registered it, bought it from a dealer and had a dealer service and warranty it. This is my 5th Hoyt and will not be my last, for a company to stand behind it's products in todays world, very, very rare indeed.

I have heard the stories, from all of the bow companies and some are terrible, Hoyt included but sometimes you have something go your way that restores your faith in companies that make you say, "wow, how awesome is that?"...

·
Registered
14,625 Posts
Good to hear.

I had a PSE that my brother ran over with his truck. Took it to my selling dealer, truthfully told him what happened. He called PSE they said no problem and sent a limb, axel, cam, and some small parts, and paid the labor. Felt that was above and beyond regular customer service, next bow was a PSE too.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Mathews put brand new limbs on my 2000 FX when a limb split the first week of November 2009. I shot my buck Veteran's Day with my new Drenalin that year waiting on it to return. I'm still killing with the Drenalin too.

Good to hear stories like this.

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
My son has a new Elite Ritual 35 with 60 pound limbs maxed out can only get 56 pounds out of it. Bow is right on as far as specs and usually a new bow maxed out will be a pound or two over the rated poundage. He's not happy with the lack and poundage or the speeds he is getting. I haven't touched the bow as of yet, but I can twist his cables to increase poundage which will also slightly increase draw length and maybe decrease ATA probably below factory specs. I told him he just got a bow with a weaker set of limbs.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
My son has a new Elite Ritual 35 with 60 pound limbs maxed out can only get 56 pounds out of it. Bow is right on as far as specs and usually a new bow maxed out will be a pound or two over the rated poundage. He's not happy with the lack and poundage or the speeds he is getting. I haven't touched the bow as of yet, but I can twist his cables to increase poundage which will also slightly increase draw length and maybe decrease ATA probably below factory specs. I told him he just got a bow with a weaker set of limbs.
That sounds like a problem for the selling dealer and or Elite to be responsible to fix.

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Yes I agree, not sure what his plan is with the bow. It wouldn't take me long though to increase the pounds, just have to see how that effects the valley and how he likes the back wall.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts